Around the NHL XVIII: The Stanley Cup is won, everyone's offseason begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Really hope the Ducks win this series but wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago take this one. Should be a great game!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Now all we need is the Hawks to win and there will be no Swedes of note in the Final...

Thereby proving once and for all that the Fins are better.

THere are going to be Swedish players in the finals even if the Hawks win.

Hedman is Swedish.
Hjalmarsson is Swedish
Stralman is Swedish

Xamar*

THere are going to be Swedish players in the finals even if the Hawks win.

Hedman is Swedish.
Hjalmarsson is Swedish
Stralman is Swedish

He said Swedish players "of note" those guys are irrelevant didn't you know .. ; )

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No-Show Nash strikes again. Biggest game of the year and he does squat. I swear, it feels like the Rangers get shut out more than any other team lately.

Oh, and well done Sather giving up 2 first round picks and your Captain Cally for a guy who will likely retire this summer. Bravo. Serves you right.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, got to think the Rangers might tweak things this off-season. No excuse for Nash to no show playoff after playoff.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Go Hawks!!! Lightning Hawks final will be all out offense. Both average goalies, offensive minded defence and elite skill forwards. Last goal wins.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Go Hawks. Hawks Lightning final interests me more. Cooper seems like a real cool coach too I like that guy. Ultimately I hope the Hawks take the entire thing, it would be cool to see Vermette hoist the cup even as a rental.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Funny, after seeing NYR bow out so pathetically in game 7, I don't really care who comes out of the west. I think Chicago would be most exciting having two offensive teams......and if Tampa wins, maybe the NHL (being a copycat league) will start moving away from the horrible defensive style the past few years and allow some of the talent in the league the leeway to create more offense.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Funny, after seeing NYR bow out so pathetically in game 7, I don't really care who comes out of the west. I think Chicago would be most exciting having two offensive teams......and if Tampa wins, maybe the NHL (being a copycat league) will start moving away from the horrible defensive style the past few years and allow some of the talent in the league the leeway to create more offense.

This exactly ^^^.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hardly

NBC weeps but Bettman doesn't care

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he was happy about it, he's a long term thinker so small market teams winning is mostly good for the overall health of the League

Of course he cares. He needs ratings to be higher so that he can get a better TV deal from any network. If the Finals bottom out ratings-wise (which it would for an Anaheim-TB final), Gary has little leverage to show that the NHL is worth being on TV.

He shudders at the thought of an all-Canadian final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad