Around the NHL XVIII: The Stanley Cup is won, everyone's offseason begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Hmm... I'm going to blame spending the last 4 days on bottle feeding a kitten when not at work... but wasn't 10 minutes of 4on4 what we used to have?
I think international tourneys have 10min overtime.

Nhl has had 5 min ot since 2001 iirc.

Edit: 1983 was the move to introduce overtime in the regular season. It has always been five mintes.

In 2000, they added the rt point (aka loser point)

And in 2005 they introduced the shootout.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think international tourneys have 10min overtime.

Nhl has had 5 min ot since 2001 iirc.

Edit: 1983 was the move to introduce overtime in the regular season. It has always been five mintes.

In 2000, they added the rt point (aka loser point)

And in 2005 they introduced the shootout.

Alright. So the 10 minute comment was totally in error then.

Maybe it was just what I wanted to see... 10 minute 4on4, followed by best of 5 shootout.

Othello*

Hoffman would break the game wide open with his speed. I think he'll be a better option then Ryan but we'll have to wait and see

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1h1 hour ago
#Sens will open the season in Buffalo on Oct. 8

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2h2 hours ago
The #Sens will face the Montreal Canadiens in the home opener on Oct. 11 at Canadian Tire Centre.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m7 minutes ago
Former OTT head coach Paul MacLean is on verge of taking an assistant coach position with ANA. Ducks had previously asked OTT for permission

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Yet another halfway-decent UFA off the market. This year's UFA class are going to get some dumb-ass money from some dumb-ass GMs. Vermette is the only halfway decent available center as a UFA - great career position for him to be in.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Am I the only one who thinks that $4.75-million per year for a third-line centre is crazy money?

You are certainly not the only one.

Makes Michalek's contract look pretty good, to be honest. That's UFA for you - very few bargains to be had, but plenty of bad deals out there for a GM who doesn't keep his head on straight and can't resist gambling on a dream.

Someone brought this up on the main boards though, and there's some truth to it - by signing Soderberg, the Avs are taking away from teams in need of a center the only realistic UFA alternative to trading for O'Reilly. They can control the market on RoR a lot more now with Soderberg out of the picture. It's worth pointing out, at the very least.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i have a feeling that soderberg contract will look bad in 2 years

(it looks bad to me already)

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Am I the only one who thinks that $4.75-million per year for a third-line centre is crazy money?

No you are not. Its buyout material.
Like if you are going to go spend this money on Soderberg as a replacement fro ROR why not just pony up 6-7 long term to ROR, which is a vastly superior player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad