Around the NHL XL: Extra Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
That is what I hate. If there was one thing that to me identified the personality of the Rangers, it was that devestating forecheck where they just seemed to own the defenders. Mind you, they often did nothing because they couldn't put it in, but it was still fun to see.
Kreider came along, skated like the wind, then he turned his dial down from 11 to something like 6.5.
Boom...Pop...Flash... Rangers speedy no more

When the whole team was fast Kreider's inconsistency was less problematic. You can't rely on one player to provide team speed. I don't think he's doing anything very different, but now teams are more aware of him and there's no one to pick up the slack when he's being defended well.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
That is what I hate. If there was one thing that to me identified the personality of the Rangers, it was that devestating forecheck where they just seemed to own the defenders. Mind you, they often did nothing because they couldn't put it in, but it was still fun to see.
Kreider came along, skated like the wind, then he turned his dial down from 11 to something like 6.5.
Boom...Pop...Flash... Rangers speedy no more

Also.. You can plug him in any line in a pinch and he succeeds. Excellent utility player!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This game's got buzz. So happy to be watching an elimination hockey game like this even if the Rangers aren't out there. If they were, I would be a basket case.

I have the opposite reaction watching this game. We were in the exact same position as Pittsburgh last year going into game 7.

It just makes me sad. I'd 100% accept being a basket case for us to still be in the playoffs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How can anyone like the pens. Even when they are leading they pull cheap shots. Nice dirty elbow

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hard to feel sorry for NHL players with the whole 'head trauma' thing, when so many keep throwing cheap shots at each other. Idiots

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I have the opposite reaction watching this game. We were in the exact same position as Pittsburgh last year going into game 7.

It just makes me sad. I'd 100% accept being a basket case for us to still be in the playoffs.

I am the same. I don't think I expressed myself well. Mainly, I was just saying that even though the Rangers are not here, which would make me a happy basket case, I still have so much love for intense hockey.

Plus: hatred of the Penguins :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am the same. I don't think I expressed myself well. Mainly, I was just saying that even though the Rangers are not here, which would make me a happy basket case, I still have so much love for intense hockey.

Plus: hatred of the Penguins :laugh:

Yeah, absolutely. I'm rooting for the Lightning to win the Cup, but if not, I'll root for the Sharks. I can't root for the Pens to win. When it was Pens and Caps, it's a little easier to root for the Pens, but not anymore.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
That second PIT goal simply cannot go in during a Game 7 in the third round. Not an NHL goal.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Great move by Drouin totally ruined that nonsense goal - how do you give that up in a game 7...such a Mo killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad