Around the NHL XL: Extra Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Jones has started to look shaky at least at times. Fatigue? Not saying it's going to be a cakewalk but with Kucherov buzzing around or Hornqvist in his grill, that could pose a problem.

How did the Nucks and Panthers make a trade? I mean, I remember Walcott was traded to TBL after the ECF, but are teams allowed to really start trading now? Thought it would be after SCF.

If that's the case, c'mon Gorton, add some spice :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Stepan should be kept because he should be the Captain, like he should have been from the start. If we're bringing in a bunch of youth then he's the guy I want them learning from. He's just entering his prime, so it's unlikely we'll see a significant decline any time soon (barring injury).

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Gudbranson was on the market???

Did we at least put in an offer?

Been wanting him in blue as a 2rd for a long time.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Gudbranson was on the market???

Did we at least put in an offer?

Been wanting him in blue as a 2rd for a long time.

I don't think Gudbranson was available. It was more like McCann was being dangled by Vancouver for defensive help. Vancouver probably called Florida and asked for Gudbranson straight up, but Florida wanted a sweetener, hence the 33rd overall.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
NHL on NBC ‏@NHLonNBCSports 9m9 minutes ago
Chris Phillips, a former first overall draft pick, announces retirement

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Gudbranson is garbage and Jim Benning is my favorite non-Ranger in the league.

Nobody brings me more entertainment

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It disgusts me to no end watching Hags in a Pens uniform right now. There were many other candidates to go before him :shakehead

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It disgusts me to no end watching Hags in a Pens uniform right now. There were many other candidates to go before him :shakehead

Casualty of the business. Still isn't worth what he would have demanded.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Casualty of the business. Still isn't worth what he would have demanded.

He's so under-rated. Granted he isn't a 30 goal scorer but he's certainly earning his paycheck with everything else he brings to the table.

NYR 3rd line has been lost ever since his departure.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
This game's got buzz. So happy to be watching an elimination hockey game like this even if the Rangers aren't out there. If they were, I would be a basket case.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I know! It's painful! I could have lived with him on the Ducks because he couldn't hurt us there. This hurts.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I know! It's painful! I could have lived with him on the Ducks because he couldn't hurt us there. This hurts.

There were many other candidates to go before him.

He's gone = NYR speed game/back checking, PK disappeared..

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
There were many other candidates to go before him.

He's gone = NYR speed game disappeared..

That is what I hate. If there was one thing that to me identified the personality of the Rangers, it was that devestating forecheck where they just seemed to own the defenders. Mind you, they often did nothing because they couldn't put it in, but it was still fun to see.
Kreider came along, skated like the wind, then he turned his dial down from 11 to something like 6.5.
Boom...Pop...Flash... Rangers speedy no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad