Around the NHL XIV: Game on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
face of a guy enjoying games? (this after another loss)

B3_A0_TCIAAHo_p.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
MacT probably has one of the worst high profile jobs in hockey

I like him too, he seems like a great guy and he was a solid player

I almost feel bad for him

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's pretty hard to tell how much of it is his fault with the ****show that that whole organisation is. But bringing in someone with no NHL experience to coach a team of kids with practically no NHL experience probably wasn't the best plan

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Everyone is to blame in Edmonton.

Ownership picking ex-Oilers over the best candidates.

Management nepotism, and cycling through so many coaches.

Coaches over the years giving kids free reign and not coaching the "junior" out of their games.

Players for taking advantage of poor management and going just for big money and no accountability at the detriment to their careers.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good, good. That 2nd round pick should be nice and high.

It's very cool, we should have 3 picks in the first 40 picks the best draft since 2003 (or one of the best). Ya I think the Sens end up with the 8th-10th overall and Dallas 2nd should be around 40th OA.

I hope they don't go too safe and go with high boom players. Another potential great draft before the team breaks out is a great timing, so it's a good thing if the team doesn't progress from a standings standpoint this season.

Proxy's are easy to use, but it doesn't look like there is any geographic limitation:

"About 8.5 million votes from more than 170 countries have been cast. Voting ends Jan. 1, with the top six vote-getters by position (three forwards, two defensemen, one goaltender) qualifying to take part in the All-Star Game, which will be played Jan. 25 at Nationwide Arena."

Hard to believe that... Hockey isn't popular at all outside of NA and Europe. Heck when I was younger, I never heard about hockey (France) until I was 11 y/o and I had already played tennis, soccer, handball, basketball, judo, karate, etc.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Yah, no one in Germany cares about hockey. It's a nothing sport in Western Europe. In fact, if you mention hockey, they will assume you are talking about field hockey.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Off the rails in Edmonton. Anyone hear this MacT press conference today? Haven't been able to listen but from the bits I'm getting on Twitter it was a horror show.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Off the rails in Edmonton. Anyone hear this MacT press conference today? Haven't been able to listen but from the bits I'm getting on Twitter it was a horror show.

It didn't even make sense to have one... I mean, what was he going to say?

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
It didn't even make sense to have one... I mean, what was he going to say?

MacT - "we are visually better"....just no results - opposite of nothing to see here, move along....what a joke that guy is - no wonder they are doomed for last place perpetually.:shakehead

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Stealing from read it. This sums up the press conference:

20130109.png

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No trade is going to fix the Oilers

Why are so many expecting a trade when it wouldn't do anything except possibly see them trade a very good player for less than market value?

The reality of it is that despite all the 1st overalls they are starting from scratch: build up your prospect pool, ease the younger players in and once you are on the cusp of going next level then you make a trade

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Patrick Roy is a lunatic.

Edit: 14 mins left, he pulls the goalie for a 2 minute 6 on 3 and the stupid ***** still can't score. :laugh: :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad