OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Went to the Nats-O’s game on Wednesday. I don’t know what it is but Nats just aren’t connecting with fans.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Went to the Nats-O’s game on Wednesday. I don’t know what it is but Nats just aren’t connecting with fans.
They've got the 2nd biggest year-over-year increase in attendance in the majors, only behind the team that made a surprise World Series run last year. I kinda wish they weren't connecting this well with fans, because I really want the Lerners to sell the team. I dunno, maybe this makes them more attractive to buyers and helps get a deal done. Either way, I think they're pulling out the rebuild too early like the Caps did in '08. I don't think they have the core yet to be a real threat and the Braves still have too much of their window open.

2K2PQmT.jpeg

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

And in case you’re wondering, Wizards general manager Will Dawkins insists he doesn’t agree with the conventional wisdom that this year’s draft class lacks talent at the top. The Wizards and the Detroit Pistons own the best odds of winning the lottery by a few tenths of a percentage point over the Charlotte Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers.

“I think people hold their cards tight to their vests strategically, so I definitely don’t agree with the narrative,” Dawkins said in an interview with The Athletic. “I think people realize how good this draft is, and in any draft, I’d rather have the power of choice to make the decision than be left with other players on the board that I might not feel as good about. So for me and the Wizards, we’re ones that would always want the highest pick possible if you have an option to choose a player. As we’ve shown in last year’s draft, we don’t draft necessarily off mock drafts. We find the right person first, and if they connect with everything that we have going on in the long term, we’re going to do our best to go get that person.”

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Draft lottery today at 3pm. Somehow we will end up with the 8th pick again lol
I dont know much about this draft class. It seems heavy in international players so its a shame the draft is a month before the London Olympics where you sometimes see these young guys stand out vs the pros.

Sep 19, 2008
I'M ON THE METRO HOME I HAD TO WATCH THE DRAFT LOTTO ON THE PHONE I AM VERY EXCITED

WE DIDN'T TANK THAT HARD TO DRAFT AT 5

f*** THE NEW DRAFTING SYSTEM WE STILL DRAFTED AT 2 ANYWAY

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I looked at about 5 mock drafts today with us picking at #2. All had different players so this will really be up in the air who we target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad