NHL Around the NHL XII - Golden Knights Fire Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Wilson came in second at 24 percent, but yeah your right he should of won this category hands down. He's out-there to literally injure people every shift.

Marchand is no choir boy, but I've always thought that you could say 99% (alright, maybe just 95%) of the stuff he does isn't meant to injure the other player, just annoy the hell out of them and maybe leave them wincing for a few seconds.

That's not the case with Wilson. I honestly feel that every check he attempts includes the intent to harm the other player. That's the definition of dirty player to me.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Detroit's goal differential is at -88. :eek2:

I wonder what the record is. I searched but my Google skills at 1:30 a.m. are not up to par. (I hate insomnia.)

You can however find all sorts of interesting stats and records for 2019-20. Penalty shots, sweater numbers, captains, deaths....

Deaths?! o_O

Polish_20200122_012558302.jpg

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I meant to post this the other day - on the weekend Sportsnet broadcast this interesting interview with Akim Aliu about his experience over the last couple of months and some of his backstory and the circumstances around the events that ultimately led to the firing of Bill Peters. Aliu seems like a really decent and intelligent guy and it's such a shame what he had to go through. If his willingness to speak out at least leads to genuine change and improvements in some of the issues around hockey and its slowness in worker harder to engage with, include and treat equally people of a variety of different ethnicities and socio-economic circumstances then his whole situation may at least produce some long-term benefits for the game and its participants.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Detroit's goal differential is at -88. :eek2:

I wonder what the record is. I searched but my Google skills at 1:30 a.m. are not up to par. (I hate insomnia.)

You can however find all sorts of interesting stats and records for 2019-20. Penalty shots, sweater numbers, captains, deaths....

Deaths?! o_O

View attachment 311551
and their coach is still employed?

I get it, they are young but they show little signs of improvement

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Did Gritty punch a 13-year-old boy in the back? Philadelphia detectives are investigating

The dispute has crossed from he-said, Gritty-said into the realm of law enforcement.

About a month after the alleged punch, as Comcast Spectacor and Greenwell couldn’t come to an agreement, Greenwell reported the incident to Philadelphia police. The matter is being investigated by South Detectives Division. A police spokesperson on Tuesday described the case as an alleged "physical assault” that occurred “during a photo shoot with 13 year old white male and Flyers mascot Gritty.”

“The investigation is active and on-going,” police said.

For the Flyers, the Nov. 19 photo shoot was a chance to reward their loyal fans who pay thousands of dollars a year to support a team that hasn’t won a playoff series since 2012. For Greenwell, it was an opportunity for his son to meet Gritty, who was introduced in 2018 and described by the Flyers as someone with “bully” tendencies.

Instead, Greenwell, 46, of Newark, Del., said he’s dumping his season tickets after 22 years.

After the alleged punch, Greenwell emailed officials at Comcast Spectacor, first complaining of the “lousy picture” with the mascot who didn’t look at the camera. Then he raised the “more serious and disappointing” concern.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Give gritty an award!

the thought of him sprinting and uppercutting some snot nosed teen into orbit brings me great joy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Did Gritty punch a 13-year-old boy in the back? Philadelphia detectives are investigating

The dispute has crossed from he-said, Gritty-said into the realm of law enforcement.

About a month after the alleged punch, as Comcast Spectacor and Greenwell couldn’t come to an agreement, Greenwell reported the incident to Philadelphia police. The matter is being investigated by South Detectives Division. A police spokesperson on Tuesday described the case as an alleged "physical assault” that occurred “during a photo shoot with 13 year old white male and Flyers mascot Gritty.”

For the Flyers, the Nov. 19 photo shoot was a chance to reward their loyal fans who pay thousands of dollars a year to support a team that hasn’t won a playoff series since 2012. For Greenwell, it was an opportunity for his son to meet Gritty, who was introduced in 2018 and described by the Flyers as someone with “bully” tendencies.

Instead, Greenwell, 46, of Newark, Del., said he’s dumping his season tickets after 22 years.

After the alleged punch, Greenwell emailed officials at Comcast Spectacor, first complaining of the “lousy picture” with the mascot who didn’t look at the camera. Then he raised the “more serious and disappointing” concern.
This whole thing is bizarre.

I assume in most cases there's only one person who is actually the mascot, as opposed to "junior intern of the week" taking turns.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

The whole concept around Gritty is weird - it's basically an acknowledgement, even a celebration, of too many Flyers fans being nasty, overzealous a**holes, repackaged in something to entertain children. The fact that it's led to this bizarre story probably isn't that surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad