NHL Around the NHL XII - Golden Knights Fire Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that was Horton lol
Don't worry.... I was obliviously going along still not realizing it until you said something. So however long it took you??? Well, there's at least one person who took longer!!!!!!!!!!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hockeytown my ass!!

Kind of funny when you think about it. If it wasn't for Mike Ilitch being such a great owner, who knows where the wings franchise would of been at. The guy literally gave away a car at every wings home game in the early 80's so they would sell out, and Gave Brad Park a couple Caesars Pizza franchises as part of the deal to sign with them.

He was an amazing Owner who turned that franchise around and if it wasn't for him, no one would ever breath the thought of it being called Hockey Town.

Reactions: Comfort Eagle

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Did you read the father's claim? As I wasn't there, I can't say what did or didn't happen, but that dude's account smells like a dirty diaper rolled in hair, dipped in curry, and lit on fire. As a parent, I don't let someone punch my kid and walk away unharmed and then try to shake down the team for money. I beat that guy's ass on the spot and call the police.

Yes I did and I agree it smells really bad. I can't imagine any parent allowing anyone to lay a finger on their child without consequences on the spot for that person. Not the parents I know, anyway.

Reactions: LSCII

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
2 seasons ago (2017/18) the Ducks, Sharks and Kings were 9th, 11th and 12th in the league respectively, all finishing with 98-101 points and all making the playoffs. Now they're the bottom 3 teams in the Western Conference by a long shot. The Ducks and Kings were already there last year but San Jose decided to join them this year. What a dramatic shift from what California hockey was just a couple years ago.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
2 seasons ago (2017/18) the Ducks, Sharks and Kings were 9th, 11th and 12th in the league respectively, all finishing with 98-101 points and all making the playoffs. Now they're the bottom 3 teams in the Western Conference by a long shot. The Ducks and Kings were already there last year but San Jose decided to join them this year. What a dramatic shift from what California hockey was just a couple years ago.

With the Sharks and Kings I feel that both GM`s just remained far too loyal for far too long to those that got them the big prize. Obviously in Anaheim it`s been years since they won the cup but even in limited viewings, I could see that guys like Perry and Getz, while still being effective, were in quick decline.

The Sharks let Pavelski walk this past year while retaining Joe for yet another year, not wise IMO, Ducks let Perry go, wise IMO. Now, I have 0 information if they tried to retain Pavelski but when I look at teams like the one`s you mentioned, and let`s toss in the Hawks, it`s pretty remarkable that DS was able to keep this team competitive during the mini-rebuild/retool, yes the team missed the playoffs but not by much and we have seen what the team has done since those two missed PO seasons.

To be consistently competitive in the NHL is difficult, while the B`s are far from perfect, one thing I don`t ever feel about them is that the Owners (yes the owners) to the Prez and GM aren`t just interested in making the playoffs, they want the big prize, there was a long stretch as a fan of this team where it was pretty clear that wasn`t the case, they often made trades but not close to being the one`s they needed to make, constant contract squabbles and it all resulted in thousands of empty seats at the TD.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like watching sports shows talking hockey.Even Sportsnet the Fan 590 with a ton of Leaf talk.But they have finally broken me.Anthony Stewart .This is the 2nd time I shook my head with him on.They are talking Playoff adds for teams and he is promoting Simmonds.Saying Tom Wilson would not want to mess with him and he is a beast.Yea Simmonds can fight but come on man.Wilson would go with him and not change his game 1 bit cause of him.He also says Krug is getting paid and just a matter of where.That could be true.But not a fan of him on tv.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Remember when it was going to be the Sharks vs the Leafs in the final after Karlsson and Tavares signed? :laugh:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

Agree or disagree?

Better than Modano?

I agree, and have felt that way for a while. I was a big Modano fan, too.

Granted Modano spent a good chunk of his career in the Dead Puck Era, but what Kane is doing is historic.

His hands, his shot, his vision - and with the modern game being less physical, he's not even on the backside of his career yet.

Mix in 3 Stanley Cups, which he was a huge part of, including a Conn Smythe, and I agree with Ryan Whitney.

The bad taste in my mouth from the 2019 Final will likely never dissipate. But 2013, not so much, and Kane is a big reason why.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Did you read the father's claim? As I wasn't there, I can't say what did or didn't happen, but that dude's account smells like a dirty diaper rolled in hair, dipped in curry, and lit on fire. As a parent, I don't let someone punch my kid and walk away unharmed and then try to shake down the team for money. I beat that guy's ass on the spot and call the police.

Not even just a punch. A 'running start and punched as hard as he could'. No witnesses of course. Daddy just wanted a hand out.

Reactions: LSCII

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
My mother worked for Disney for many years in a few of their parks.

I can confidently say that the way people treat mascots crosses the line into assault territory on a daily basis.
I knew of a case where one was knocked over into a fountain and the weight of the suit(head) nearly drowned the actor inside. Thankfully some Disney workers at a nearby shop saw it and ran over to help them out of the water before they lost consciousness.

I also know that there are claims against Disney every day all day long from people trying to get a free bill or money out of the company for the craziest things.

As for Gritty? Someone is obviously lying. Hopefully, time tells as to who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->