NHL Around The NHL VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
“Lurk” the key word

You have to understand the inferior factor.

Leafs haven’t won a playoffs series in almost two decades.

They lost in historical choking fashion against the Bruins in 2013.

They lost again to the Bruins last year.

It’s their last shot before the Matthews and Marner extensions kick in.

Who is again in their way?

The Bruins who are 15-0-4 in their last 19 despite missing their best goal scorer and owner of the Leafs and two more top 6.

They are worried. As they should be.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Quite sensitive, I’ll see myself out

No offense and I’m sure you mean and meant well, but the reality is that most of us who read a lot of threads on this board are more than put off by the horde of Leaf posters who invade every thread and make it pretty much impossible to read anything on the main boards.

So while you’re probably not one of those that does that, most of us would rather not get opinions from the GTA here if it’s all the same to you.

There’s enough of it all throughout the pro hockey world

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
No offense and I’m sure you mean and meant well, but the reality is that most of us who read a lot of threads on this board are more than put off by the horde of Leaf posters who invade every thread and make it pretty much impossible to read anything on the main boards.

So while you’re probably not one of those that does that, most of us would rather not get opinions from the GTA here if it’s all the same to you.

Sucks when my fan base gives the rest of us a bad name. For what it’s worth Patrice is my favourite player in the league and I probably have watched 60% of Bruins games over the past 3 years. Would chime in more (non-Leaf related) if I knew I wouldn’t immediate be chased out of here.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

To me that’s why there are team boards. I don’t care what leafs fans think or their team, my team, the NHL or world peace. Or any other fans for that matter.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Sucks when my fan base gives the rest of us a bad name. For what it’s worth Patrice is my favourite player in the league and I probably have watched 60% of Bruins games over the past 3 years. Would chime in more (non-Leaf related) if I knew I wouldn’t immediate be chased out of here.

You nailed it. Personally I don’t mind conversing with fans of other teams as you can always learn from others. But it seems that there’s a really large faction who post here that are just really irritating.

We even have one who tries to pose as a Bruins fan who has posted in our game day threads (as recently as this week) but we know who he is and what he’s trying to pull

Reactions: jgatie

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
To me that’s why there are team boards. I don’t care what leafs fans think or their team, my team, the NHL or world peace. Or any other fans for that matter.

who is worse: habs fans or leafs fans? i think i know the answer.
this doesn't include habs fans who pretend to be bruins fans :thumbu:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
who is worse: habs fans or leafs fans? i think i know the answer.
this doesn't include habs fans who pretend to be bruins fans :thumbu:

As I've said before, I don't know what is worse, Habs fans coming in here telling us about the 24 Cups won before most of them were in diapers, or Leafs fans coming in here giddy that they have a chance of making a dent in the post-season. It's like the choice between a tired old dog in here passing gas, or a bounding puppy peeing on our floor.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You nailed it. Personally I don’t mind conversing with fans of other teams as you can always learn from others. But it seems that there’s a really large faction who post here that are just really irritating.

We even have one who tries to pose as a Bruins fan who has posted in our game day threads (as recently as this week) but we know who he is and what he’s trying to pull
I’ll be shot for this too. But sometimes (all the time) the Leaf board and the hot takes aren’t the place for intelligent conversation. I personally can’t read it half the time. I don’t understand why fans of other teams need to be dumped on when posting mature comments on other boards. That goes for all teams. Do I particularly like the Bruins? No. But I respect their talent and capacity to win lots of games year in and year out. And no I’m not triggered to losing to 2 good teams in game 7’s. It is what it is. Doesn’t mean I delvalue their fans opinions simply based on being from a different fan base. Now time for me to be told to gtfo too lol

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad