NHL Around The NHL VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I’ll be shot for this too. But sometimes (all the time) the Leaf board and the hot takes aren’t the place for intelligent conversation. I personally can’t read it half the time. I don’t understand why fans of other teams need to be dumped on when posting mature comments on other boards. That goes for all teams. Do I particularly like the Bruins? No. But I respect their talent and capacity to win lots of games year in and year out. And no I’m not triggered to losing to 2 good teams in game 7’s. It is what it is. Doesn’t mean I delvalue their fans opinions simply based on being from a different fan base. Now time for me to be told to gtfo too lol

It really depends. We’ve had a Blues fan riding with us since well before the trade deadline and he was great and actually still posts here now and then. And since the Coyle - Donato trade there’s been a few Wild posters here as well.

The rivalry with Toronto obviously has a bearing, but like I said, it’s the majority of posters who are just flat out obnoxious who ruin it IMO

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I’ll be shot for this too. But sometimes (all the time) the Leaf board and the hot takes aren’t the place for intelligent conversation. I personally can’t read it half the time. I don’t understand why fans of other teams need to be dumped on when posting mature comments on other boards. That goes for all teams. Do I particularly like the Bruins? No. But I respect their talent and capacity to win lots of games year in and year out. And no I’m not triggered to losing to 2 good teams in game 7’s. It is what it is. Doesn’t mean I delvalue their fans opinions simply based on being from a different fan base. Now time for me to be told to gtfo too lol
Not GTFO... but some people just have to realize that Bruins fans don't care what fans of other teams think of us or our team... Or what you think of our opinions of their team.

You're totally fine. Completely congenial and totally fair. But you're on the Bruins forum. So f*** your team and f*** you. Know what I mean? If I posted on your board about (for example) how wrong you have it about Brad Marchand, coupled with copious compliments about the Leafs, my expectation would be that you kicked my polite ass outta there with a smile.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Not GTFO... but some people just have to realize that Bruins fans don't care what fans of other teams think of us or our team... Or what you think of our opinions of their team.

You're totally fine. Completely congenial and totally fair. But you're on the Bruins forum. So **** your team and **** you. Know what I mean? If I posted on your board about (for example) how wrong you have it about Brad Marchand, coupled with copious compliments about the Leafs, my expectation would be that you kicked my polite ass outta there with a smile.

You're totally fine. Completely congenial and totally fair. But you're on the Bruins forum. So **** your team and **** you. Know what I mean? If I posted on your board about (for example) how wrong you have it about Brad Marchand, coupled with copious compliments about the Leafs, my expectation would be that you kicked my polite ass outta there with a smile.
Yeah I get it. Not everyone knows how to place nice anyways. People are who they are. Speaking of Marchy, favourite chirp of his from our junior days. (I grew up playing with and against him and his brother) in Junior, he was playing in Val D’or, they’re pumping us 6 or 7-2 and a dusty guy on my team skates by him after a whistle and looks directly at him, marchy without batting an eye says ‘I don’t even know your name so don’t talk to me’ guy tells us he had no intention of saying anything to him anyways haha. Boys had a good laugh at that one after the game he was always full of ruthless chirps. Believe it or not, when he was 14, he wouldn’t have been in the top 5 forwards from Nova Scotia. Crazy how it all came together for him when he hit midget.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Wow Malcolm Subban bumped O'Halloran in a heated exchange over a goalie interference call and got a penalty. Man was he ever heated. Lucky he didn't get tossed.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I hope Boychuk doesn't drop the gloves with Voracek, but lands a classic Destroychuk/Mantruck clean bomb on him. Then gets Giroux on the next shift.

I watched the video on the hit a number of times and while it was definitely worthy of a penalty, I have seen worse plays go unpunished. Boychuk has a full head of steam and is charging in towards the puck. Voracek sees the puck coming around the boards, then glances over his shoulder and sees JB55 coming. I honestly wonder how much intent there was? I think Voracek was attempting to defend himself and initiated contact too early. Boychuk obviously was not expecting it, which led to the injury, but if he had been, that’s a play you see in almost every game.

The rematch should be interesting.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I hope Boychuk doesn't drop the gloves with Voracek, but lands a classic Destroychuk/Mantruck clean bomb on him. Then gets Giroux on the next shift.

eh, I saw it as both were at fault.

Boychuk was steaming in full speed and for sure was going to smoke Voracek from behind, probably into the boards in a dangerous manner. That had boarding/charging written all over it.

Voracek saw him coming and decided to be the hitter instead and lit Boychuk up.

to me, it was a case of Boychuk started it, Voracek finished it

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
eh, I saw it as both were at fault.

Boychuk was steaming in full speed and for sure was going to smoke Voracek from behind, probably into the boards in a dangerous manner. That had boarding/charging written all over it.

Voracek saw him coming and decided to be the hitter instead and lit Boychuk up.

to me, it was a case of Boychuk started it, Voracek finished it
Boychuk was going for the puck. GloryDaze has it right as to what happened, and Boychuk is gonna kick his sorry ass, even if he has to wait until next season.

Reactions: BMC and trenton1

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I hope Boychuk destroys him.

BTW Voracek is a ringer for Gritty. Or vice versa.
crFHpROg.jpg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Keith Gretzky isn't getting much of a ringing endorsement from around the NHL as being the next GM of the Oilers
Oilers management may be on the verge of another major mistake.

What's more is that Gretzky is by all accounts a Chiarelli guy at this stage. Chiarelli was general manager in Boston during Gretzky's time there and it was Chiarelli who also brought Gretzky in to Edmonton. Gretzky was in the room when Chiarelli and his staff made the infamous decision to trade Tyler Seguin and presumably he was around to advise Chiarelli for all of the terrible trades and signings he made during his time as the general manager of the Oilers.

Last edited:

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Keith Gretzky isn't getting much of a ringing endorsement from around the NHL as being the next GM of the Oilers
Oilers management may be on the verge of another major mistake.

What's more is that Gretzky is by all accounts a Chiarelli guy at this stage. Chiarelli was general manager in Boston during Gretzky's time there and it was Chiarelli who also brought Gretzky in to Edmonton. Gretzky was in the room when Chiarelli and his staff made the infamous decision to trade Tyler Seguin and presumably he was around to advise Chiarelli for all of the terrible trades and signings he made during his time as the general manager of the Oilers.

Gretzky was head of amateur scouting for the Bs - so I think its a bit unfair to saddle him with the Seguin trade.

I also think its unfair to define his scouting record with the Barzal fiasco. We've got to remember Pasta, Heinen, Donato, DeBrusk, Carlo, Lauzon, etc.. Many of these young players (often drafted near the bottom of their respective rounds) are a critical part of the team's current success. Gretzky left in summer 2016, but he likely deserves credit for McAvoy too. This, to me, is a fantastic amateur scouting record, and shouldn't really be tarnished by Barzal alone. I'd love him back in the draft room for Boston if the Oilers don't want him.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
here that Nichols is being told by other gms that gretzky has been doing a good job so far.

nothings written in stone but the rumors im hearing have the team looking to hire a 'retired' type vet gm to be 'the president of the team' with the understanding that he would be heavy handed coaching gretzky's moves as gm... gretzky would get the actual title of GM and be allowed to develop under this older/more experienced gm mentor

one name that has been tossed out a couple times is ken Holland. hes currently employed in Detroit but theres a lot of speculation that yzerman is moving into that job this offseason.

one thing for sure... Edmonton needs a massive culture change and Chiarelli wasn't able to give them one. if Holland can bring some of that Detroit braintrust with him that would be a step in the right direction for Edmonton.

I dont really see any reality where the owner is going to sweep all the ex-oilers out the door so if guys like wayne and mark and paul and craig and kevin are all still going to keep a hand in the cookie jar, its probably best to have a 'scouting' expert as gm. these medlers wont have as many opinions about kids. the gm can put some stamp on the team. and kevin Holland has negotiated a system where there was several voices in Detroit but made it work.

so im going to predict Edmonton goes with Holland as president and gretzky as the gm

it leaves mark hunter free and clear to be the guy in seattle

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched the 1st period of Leafs vs Lightning.Tampa is on them bigtime.Could be 5-0 but only 1 period.Was surprised to hear Leafs are #1 team 5 on 5 in NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad