NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He'll get away with it because he's a Leaf, like Morgan Reilly's f-word last year and the blatantly stupid "I was saying Rag it" excuse.

But also I don't think the league cares about this type of stuff in general. Patty Kane never faced any discipline for any of the allegations on him, did he?

Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He'll get away with it because he's a Leaf, like Morgan Reilly's f-word last year and the blatantly stupid "I was saying Rag it" excuse.

But also I don't think the league cares about this type of stuff in general. Patty Kane never faced any discipline for any of the allegations on him, did he?

yep, protected leafs, they don't win enough to draw national outrage

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
What he did was stupid, but what is the league really going to do? I see people walking around all the time with underwear almost completely exposed and that's during the day and sober...

Reactions: TCB

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
What he did was stupid, but what is the league really going to do? I see people walking around all the time with underwear almost completely exposed and that's during the day and sober...

I think it is more to do with the threat of what they might do. If your daughter happened to be in a vehicle when a group of young, drunken men approached, tried the locked door to rattle her, maybe you would see it differently? I know that I would be afraid if it was me. As long as he gets the same treatment as anyone else, then let the legal system deal with it. I think he will get off because he is a pro athlete but I can't imagine the penalty would be much either way.

Reactions: Chief Nine and BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I think it is more to do with the threat of what they might do. If your daughter happened to be in a vehicle when a group of young, drunken men approached, tried the locked door to rattle her, maybe you would see it differently? I know that I would be afraid if it was me. As long as he gets the same treatment as anyone else, then let the legal system deal with it. I think he will get off because he is a pro athlete but I can't imagine the penalty would be much either way.

what if this was Marchand doing this? The hockey world would universally condemn it. Its all about who you are

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I get that, but I also don't think I'd recommend my daughter be a security guard, as you're bound to run into idiots, be it drunk people or domestic situations.

He clearly didn't use good judgment, I just don't think this is much of a crime, if it is in fact one - so I'm not expecting the league to do anything about it.

Reactions: The90 and caz16

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
The security guard identified herself as a former servicewomen with PTSD. His reaction was to pull his pants down. It's not a huge deal really, but it shows a lack of maturity and really the situation could've ended a lot worse for Matthews.

I have no idea why Tavares wasnt made captain last summer, but he really seems like the only logical choice now.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Mathews , forget the charges deal with the mustache.

I had one like that for 8th grade, yea you have dark hair, it's not enough.

Shave it, wait, move on, try again ... for now at best it looks like a young Freddie Mercury.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That is a small arena

71334580_10218765556702728_6923545890275721216_o.jpg

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad