GDT: Around the NHL - Trade Deadline Day GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
TSN is making it sound like that much of the Caps secrecy is because Leonsis wants to drive traffic to some webcast announcement.

Like I said earlier, the problems in that organization seem to start right at the very top. If it isn't some major announcement it's just a ****** move to string your fans along.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Preds beat writers are saying something is up. Poille is 7 minutes late to his press conference and they haven't been allowed into the usual room.

Joshua Cooper:

We haven't been let back to the #preds offices yet which is highly unusual. Normally for press conferences we are able to be there early

Dreger:

One of theories floated....Wash has trades Filip Forsberg. If that's the case...return must be huge. #tradecentre

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
One of theories floated....Wash has trades Filip Forsberg. If that's the case...return must be huge. #tradecentre

Whoa...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I have a feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with this Caps trade.

Edit: Nvm. This might actually be interesting..

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Like I said earlier, the problems in that organization seem to start right at the very top. If it isn't some major announcement it's just a ****** move to string your fans along.

McPhee was supposed to go on TSN/NHL Tradecenter 3:30 according to Caps twitter to announce trade.

Than 40 minutes ago Caps twitter said he was speaking soon.

If its a small **** trade I would be mad if I was a fan of them. All those guys are probably refresing pages at an alarming rate:laugh:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
McPhee was supposed to go on TSN/NHL Tradecenter 3:30 according to Caps twitter to announce trade.

Than 40 minutes ago Caps twitter said he was speaking soon.

If its a small **** trade I would be mad if I was a fan of them. All those guys are probably refresing pages at an alarming rate:laugh:

Caps PR guy said this awhile ago:

Thanks for your patience. Waiting for trade call to take place and for involved players to be notified before making an announcement.

If it is taking awhile to get all players notified, def sounds like some prospects involved

Cotsonika:

Informed speculation: Erat for Forsberg, with some other things involved. Erat has a no-trade clause but wants out.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
A huge return for a prospect who has never played a single game in the NHL? And a trade of a prospect that requires this kind of secrecy? ********. Unless it's a bigger package this is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad