GDT: Around the NHL - Trade Deadline Day GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Trade Deadline™ is a little over 24hrs away, but NHL GMs don't seem content to sit around and wait for the sake of the 10hrs of TV programming planned by various Canadian Networks.

We'll keep track of all of the NON-PENGUINS activity here! If I miss something, let me know and I'll add it to the OP.

March 30th:

Philly receives: Kent Huskins
Detroit receives: conditional 7th-round pick (2014)

St. Louis receives: D Jordan Leopold
Buffalo receives: 2nd-round pick (2013), conditional 5th-round pick (2013)

April 1st:

Chicago receives C Michal Handzus
San Jose receives 4th-round pick

Philly receives F Jay Rosehill
San Jose receives F Harry Zolnierczyk

Calgary receives 1st-round pick (2013), Mark Cundari, Reto Berra
St. Louis receives D Jay Bouwmeester

Los Angeles receives D Robyn Regehr
Buffalo receives 2nd-round pick (2014), 2nd-round pick (2015)

April 2nd:

Carolina receives Marc-Andre Bergeron
Tampa Bay receives F Adam Hall, 7th-round pick (2013)

Vancouver receives C Derek Roy
Dallas receives 2nd-round pick, Keven Connauton

Boston receives F Jaromir Jagr
Dallas receives Lane MacDermid, Cody Payne and a conditional 2nd-round pick (unconfirmed)

Montreal receives Davis Drewiske
Los Angeles receives 5th-round pick (2013)

New York Rangers receive F Ryane Clowe
San Jose receives a 2nd-round pick, a 3rd-round pick, and a conditional 2nd-round pick (condition: re-signs with New York) (NOTE: That's 2 more 2nd-round picks than Clowe has goals)

April 3rd:

San Jose receives D Scott Hannan
Nashville receives ?????

Edmonton receives Jerred Smithson
Florida receives 4th-round pick

Tampa Bay receives G Ben Bishop, KY Jelly
Ottawa receives Cory Conacher and a 4th-round pick

Philly receives G Steve Mason
Columbus receives 3rd-round pick, G Michael Leighton

Columbus receives F Marion Gaborik
New York receives Derick Brassard, John Moore, Derek Dorsett, 6th-round pick

Minnesota receives F Jason Pominville
Buffalo receives Matt Hackett, Johan Larson

Columbus receives Blake Comeau
Calgary receives 5th-round pick

San Jose receives Raffi Torres
Phoenix receives 3rd-round pick

Toronto receives Ryan O'Byrne
Colorado receives 4th-round pick

New Jersey receives Steve Sullivan
Phoenix receives 7th-round pick

Boston receives D Wade Redden
St. Louis receives 7th-round pick

Phoenix receives Brandon MacMillan
Anaheim receives Matthew Lombardi

Nashville receives F. Forsberg
Washington receives M. Erat and M. Latta

Robert Luogno receives my undying respect.

Last edited:

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Waivers today: Kurtis Foster (PHI), Mike Santorelli (FLA), Steve Montador and Rostislav Olesz (CHI), Hall (TB) and Barker (VAN).

A couple of people being waived. So room for trades may be brewing for a few of these teams.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I know the 1st-round pick is better than the 2nd-round pick, but you could make a "meh" argument that Dallas got a better return for Roy than the Flames got for either of their players. Connauton was one of their top guys.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Whoever comes out of the West is going to be a beat up team to say the least. LA, Chicago and the Ducks look very good. And Vancouver and St. Louis look like they're making significant moves.

This looks like our year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Whoever comes out of the West is going to be a beat up team to say the least. LA, Chicago and the Ducks look very good. And Vancouver and St. Louis look like they're making significant moves.

This looks like our year.

WTF DUDE? DELETE. ERASE. BITE YOUR TONGUE OFF!! and since you didn't say it out loud, BITE YOUR FINGERS OFF!!!

Holy cow, what are you trying to pull?!?!?!

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
I know the 1st-round pick is better than the 2nd-round pick, but you could make a "meh" argument that Dallas got a better return for Roy than the Flames got for either of their players. Connauton was one of their top guys.

i still think Nieuwendyk bungled it up. sure, not as bad as Feaster, but Ryder + Roy + 3 should get you back more than Cole + 2nd + Connauton. he did do well on Morrow. let's see how he handles Jágr and Robidas.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA

If and a big IF we make it and have to go through Chicago for the cup its going to be a nightmare. That team is scary.

The other teams are great but Chicago is on the Pens potential level.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
i still think Nieuwendyk bungled it up. sure, not as bad as Feaster, but Ryder + Roy + 3 should get you back more than Cole + 2nd + Connauton. he did do well on Morrow. let's see how he handles Jágr and Robidas.

i agree the Ryder deal was bad (why make it so early? He'd be worth a 1st+ now...) but I think they got really good value for Morrow and Roy

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
From the Stars games I've watched, Roy hasn't impressed me much.

From reading what Buffalo fans have to say about him he's also a locker room cancer and a diva, but who knows if that's actually the case or not.

Working from home tomorrow so I can sit in front of NHL Network all day and be disappointed at the lack of trade activity. Huzzah!

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Brian Costello ‏@bcostellothn 13m Dallas-bound Kevin Connauton was Vancouver's No. 4 prospect in Future Watch...a solid B-list prospect very close to being NHL-ready.

https://twitter.com/bcostellothn/status/319127871887114241

i agree the Ryder deal was bad (why make it so early? He'd be worth a 1st+ now...) but I think they got really good value for Morrow and Roy

i don't think Connauton isn't really much to write home about. he's 23 years old and still can't play a lick of d. looks great on the PP but they already have Gogo and Morrow. i wonder what the Ducks offered for Roy?

Fire Shero*

Wow. Seems like a steal after Dallas received Joe Morrow for B. Morrow.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Should be an epic series if we both make it to the ECF.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for the continuing work on this, IC. It's much appreciated.

I think we all knew Jagr was destined to end up in Boston for a playoff series against the Pens this year. Should be great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad