GDT: Around the NHL - Trade Deadline Day GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think both teams got what they needed. The Bruins needed scoring, so Jagr makes sense. They still pursued Morrow and Iginla first, though, so Jags is kinda like the moody, enigmatic, formerly be-mulleted consolation prize.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
one thing should be very clear:

If Boston wanted Jagr over Iginla, they wouldn't have pursued Iginla as hard as they did. So any rhetoric to that effect is just that. Rhetoric. To save face. Punctuation.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
one thing should be very clear:

If Boston wanted Jagr over Iginla, they wouldn't have pursued Iginla as hard as they did. So any rhetoric to that effect is just that. Rhetoric. To save face. Punctuation.

I don't think that is fair to say. They sure did pursue Iginla hard but there have been rumors for a few days that the Bruins were after Jagr too. It just wasn't as publicized as the Iginla one.

It would be stupid to pretend that the Bruins didn't really want Iginla in the first place, but that shouldn't rule out the possibility of Boston pursing Jagr just as hard behind the scenes.

Anyway, should be a fun playoffs. Hopefully we meet in the Conference Finals and both teams get healthy. NHL isn't the NHL without Crosby.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't think that is fair to say. They sure did pursue Iginla hard but there have been rumors for a few days that the Bruins were after Jagr too. It just wasn't as publicized as the Iginla one.

It would be stupid to pretend that the Bruins didn't really want Iginla in the first place, but that shouldn't rule out the possibility of Boston pursing Jagr just as hard behind the scenes.

Anyway, should be a fun playoffs. Hopefully we meet in the Conference Finals and both teams get healthy. NHL isn't the NHL without Crosby.

Like I said, rhetoric... :P

I have no doubt they were interested in him, but they had a deal in place for Iggy. I'm not putting Jagr down at all, btw, I've said I think he's the better offensive player right now. You guys are getting a hell of a player. I just think, if you had Chia hooked up to some truth serum, he'd say Iginla was his first choice. I'm just basing this off nothing more than the fact that he made a trade for him plus all of the tweets I've read.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
stash-1-50ad6a0b98237.gif

Big whoop, their loss. He's probably going to whine about not being their first choice.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

To say Iginla was Boston's first choice is completely fair.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Wouldn't mind seeing Clowe here but I doubt we have the pieces to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad