GDT: Around the NHL - Trade Deadline Day GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not concerned. Our moves made our team better, and Bostons move made their team better. We got Iginla, and Morrow, and Murray. They got Jagr.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Not worried about Jagr. He kinda killed us with Philly but there were extenuating circumstances there (namely the entire team losing their minds upon seeing the color orange). I don't remember him being especially scary when he was playing for the Rangers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Whoooa!

That means that the Pens added Jagr too?

what!? That's Ray Shero's Music!
rosslawler-880677.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No problem guys. I'm on the computer/iphone by necessity anyhow. And I love this time of year.

Fire Shero*

Damn I was hoping he'd be traded to Detroit. Lets hope they overpaid.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hopefully the Bruins fans can stop whining now. There look everybody got an old hall of famer we can all be friends again.

FakeKidPoker*

hmm Jagr is a better player than Iginla at this point but I think Bruins may have overpaid

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/319134114261397505
Again, Jagr deal _ for two prospects and a pick _ still pending trade call with league

Depends on the prospects, but they're probably paying the same price for Jagr as they would have for Iggy. And Iginla>Jagr

I dunno. I think Jagr is the bigger offensive threat right now. But I think Shero wanted more than a mercenary. And I'm not trying to insult JJ out of sour grapes or anything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No :P

and still waiting for information on the pick/prospects in the Jagr trade. I hope they gave up the same deal they were offering for Iggy. That would be good.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Jagr is a different sort of player than Iginla. Not much point in comparing them but Jags is probably more dangerous on the PP, less dangerous (than Iggy) everywhere else on this team. Also Shero has no interest in Jagr, so get that out of your head. We have no room for the guy anyway.

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Is Iginla better than Jagr? I think Iggy is more what we need. I think Jagr is probably more what they need.

You're spot on there. Iggy fits our team better. I think he's still the better player but that's not worth arguing because it doesn't matter how good someone is if they don't fit on the team.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Wait until the ''My groin hurts...'' starts Boston... just wait..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad