Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
When you get a chance, watch the "passing" by the Washington Capitals from the game yesterday. It displays what can be done vs. an NHL defense when all parts are moving and in sync with each other.

The Flames do need to be faster, but part of that is each player moving constantly to get open.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
What do you think we're offering, something based around Mangi +2nd? I would have to think the 1st probably isn't on the table right now, given the standings
I have no idea. I could see a protected 1st potentially being on the table for someone with term. I would steer away from giving up any of our core players or young roster guys such as Mangiapane or Dube for the time being until we see the Sutter effect. If he can get more out of this core, and Brad can add a top 6 RW, I think we suddenly become a very, very good team.

Edit: just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Meant for it to be in the GDT in response to top line Ritchie.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I have no idea. I could see a protected 1st potentially being on the table for someone with term. I would steer away from giving up any of our core players or young roster guys such as Mangiapane or Dube for the time being until we see the Sutter effect. If he can get more out of this core, and Brad can add a top 6 RW, I think we suddenly become a very, very good team.

Edit: just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Meant for it to be in the GDT in response to top line Ritchie.
I agree, its just the expansion factor that has thinking one of those guys would be involved.

According to the Flames management translater, this means we have a veteran 3C, incoming, because no one will give us top 6 RW at a discount price.

Reactions: User1996

Simplythebreast

Jul 20, 2019
Boy do I ever want a top line RW.

Apparently flames were trying to get Rackell from Anaheim prior to hiring Sutter. The asking price was too high. Flames supposedly offered Bennett for Rackell. Anaheim supposedly countered and wanted a minimum of Bennett and a 2nd rounder.

To me that’s a no brainer and I’d sell Bennett and a 2nd. I’d even buy his plane ticket and pack him a lunch.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Apparently flames were trying to get Rackell from Anaheim prior to hiring Sutter. The asking price was too high. Flames supposedly offered Bennett for Rackell. Anaheim supposedly countered and wanted a minimum of Bennett and a 2nd rounder.

To me that’s a no brainer and I’d sell Bennett and a 2nd. I’d even buy his plane ticket and pack him a lunch.
I agree. If that’s what Treliving deemed “too high” he should be canned immediately.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

If that's what Treliving thought was too much... woof. I guess the reason it could be a tad high is because Backlund/Mangiapane/Dube would be on the chopping block for expansion so making any trade carries that extra weight this year but like... I'd expose Backlund to have Rakell

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Would be nice, but if I look at this roster and ask where is the biggest hole on the team, it’s an easy answer. RW beside Gaudreau and Monahan.

That is where we can get the most improvement from without breaking the bank to acquire a high end 1C.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Except for Gaudreau, there's no one who's off the table for Eichel. Even Kylington, if they ask for him

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Except for Gaudreau, there's no one who's off the table for Eichel. Even Kylington, if they ask for him

I agree, but IMO, even JG is not off the table. No one is off the table for Eichel.

However, I would say that the only specific player restriction is only one of JG or Tkachuk is allowed, not both.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Source?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Am I crazy in thinking 6x6 is a lot for Binnington?
Yea it is alot but from his spittin chiclets interview it sounded like he wasn't overly happy with the blues management for trying to send him to the echl the year before he won the cup. Wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't going to take a team friendly because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad