Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
NHL preparing even more advanced protocol in response to all the shutdowns with the American teams

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think he is a solid hire but man I would be upset if I was a Pittsburgh fan to see burke coming along
Actually its probably a pretty good idea having Burke act as a buffer between Hextall and team ownership.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think he is a solid hire but man I would be upset if I was a Pittsburgh fan to see burke coming along

Burke was a fantastic POHO. He was an awful GM.

Hextall did a solid job in Philly. It's just that there wasn't a true appetite to sit through his conservative patient approach and he hitched his horse on that awful coach Hakstol or whatever it was which was the straw that broke the camels back and got him fired?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
So the reason Laine got benched WASN'T because he's "one-dimensional", it's because he talked back (to quote "mouthed off") to one of the Blue Jacket's assistant coaches during the game.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Oilers are 4-7 against teams other than Ottawa.
Canucks are 3-10.

I like our chances once we get to play some games against Ottawa and get on a roll. Though it would be a very Flames thing to do to lose to the Senators

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Lol Draisatl was cherry picking at C ice when Ottawa had an empty net in a 3-2 game

#2ndbestplayerintheleaguebecausepoints
pPdNZ3c.jpeg

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Just heard a crazy stat on the FAN. Tonight was the first game the Oilers have won since 2017 in which either McDavid or Draisaitl did not record a point.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Looks like Vegas got a positive test during their game versus the ducks. Nosek gets pulled from the game in the second and after the game both teams canceled media interviews for covid protocols.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So the reason Laine got benched WASN'T because he's "one-dimensional", it's because he talked back (to quote "mouthed off") to one of the Blue Jacket's assistant coaches during the game.

I think it was a year or two before draft when he literally threatened to kill national team coach and gave him the middle finger after the game.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He'll probably get bought out in the summer or traded with retention to a team that needs to hit the floor. It's pretty funny right now but they're going to get out of that contract sooner rather than later

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He'll probably get bought out in the summer or traded with retention to a team that needs to hit the floor. It's pretty funny right now but they're going to get out of that contract sooner rather than later

If they buy him out they will have 4.1 million against the cap in buyouts and retained salary for the next 2 years. They might be able to get out of the contract but it will continue to hurt them for a while.

Edit this is counting the 1.5 again the cap because of a buyout already

Reactions: Critical91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad