Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

As much as I hate Kane and he's definitely in the wrong with regards to his hit last night, I can't say he's wrong about DoPS decisions. Its really become a very bad joke.
NHL officiating is a joke too. Too bad he didn't mention that also.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He carried a mediocre Ottawa team to within 1 goal of the Stanley Cup final a couple years ago on one ankle.
He's become a lot more delicate since then. Don't really blame him though. I wouldn't want to go out every night and play for SJ this season and the Sens in his last couple of years with them.

Now to be really honest about this and cut out the joking around... does EK just have a lot of bad luck or is he just injury prone? He sure misses a lot of games each year due to injury.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
He's become a lot more delicate since then. Don't really blame him though. I wouldn't want to go out every night and play for SJ this season and the Sens in his last couple of years with them.

Now to be really honest about this and cut out the joking around... does EK just have a lot of bad luck or is he just injury prone? He sure misses a lot of games each year due to injury.

It's a lot of different injuries, I think it's bad luck.

But for this one he's actually getting surgery on the broken finger, so it would probably be pretty hard to play. And Sharks are done this year, so it makes sense to just recover and comeback next season rather than pointlessly play the rest of the year

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Draisaitl really stepping up to the plate while McDavid is gone, 10P in 4GP. Might just keep that raft of debris above the playoff line single-handedly until McJesus returns.
Oh what could have been had the Oil picked Bennett in 2014...

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Draisaitl really stepping up to the plate while McDavid is gone, 10P in 4GP. Might just keep that raft of debris above the playoff line single-handedly until McJesus returns.
Oh what could have been had the Oil picked Bennett in 2014...

What people are not seeing is that the line Draisitl is playing on is contributing, not just him. Yammimoto is incredible for a little guy on the forecheck and Nugent-Hopkins is a hell of a passer too. And they are getting contribution from their 3/4 line in Sheahan/Archibald.
Draisitl is putting up points and carrying his share(which is a big share) but they are playing like a team.

I still want Bennet on the Oilers, straight up for Puillijarvi.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What people are not seeing is that the line Draisitl is playing on is contributing, not just him. Yammimoto is incredible for a little guy on the forecheck and Nugent-Hopkins is a hell of a passer too. And they are getting contribution from their 3/4 line in Sheahan/Archibald.
Draisitl is putting up points and carrying his share(which is a big share) but they are playing like a team.

I still want Bennet on the Oilers, straight up for Puillijarvi.

Draisaitl always finds a way to ride someone’s coattails :sarcasm:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He'll do well for the Canucks. He would not have done well here.

This could better determine the value of Pageau who I sincerely hope we're actually targeting.

Knowing us, there's probably more truth to the Simmonds rumours

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

This could better determine the value of Pageau who I sincerely hope we're actually targeting.

Please god no. We have a logjam of guys who can play #3C

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Miss on another player. Whatever, lets just not waste a 2nd on a #7d and I'll be fine. Still think we should trade Hammer.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Toffoli for a 2nd round pick, Tim Schaller, and Tyler Madden

Very fair price. Essentially, a 2nd, Ruzicka and say, Rieder. I'm happy to keep the picks but I wouldn't have been upset at that price, assuming Toffoli was willing to re-sign for something reasonable.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

I'll be pissed off if Treliving makes a deal for Pageau. He's 27 and this is his first season that he's scored more than 19 goals. This year is an aberration for him and we'll end up overpaying for a guy who won't fill our need. Plus he could very well walk in July as I doubt Treliving will re-sign him. This is Pageau's chance to score big as a UFA. He'll want and will likely get more than he's worth.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Miss on another player. Whatever, lets just not waste a 2nd on a #7d and I'll be fine. Still think we should trade Hammer.

We should offer whatever we get back for Hamonic for Kovalchuk

Gaudreau - Bennett - Kovalchuk
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Lucic - Ryan - Mangiapane
Monahan - Jankowski - Dube

Giordano - Brodie
Kylingotn - Andersson
Valimaki - Stone
Davidson - Yelesen

PP1
Tkachuk
Kovalchuk - Lindholm - Gaudreau
Kylington

PP2
Bennett
Dube - Monahan - Mangiapane
Andersson

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm sure Treliving was within a hair of making a deal for him... something obviously fell through at the last minute.
Isn't that how it usually goes? Or at least that's what we're always told?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad