Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I'm not sure Boudreau is the move here though. He has an awful playoff record with Ducks teams that should've won a cup or two
You aren't wrong. He even lacked some playoff success with some solid Caps teams. BUT, the style he has employed most of the time (including early in his Wild tenure) involved using the teams speed a lot. Which would actually allow us to utilize some of our top players strengths.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I hate Boudreau.
tenor.gif

But maybe the best way to protect Johnny's wrists is to take out the opposing team's wrists first?

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Would guess Hamonic would use this a direct comparable while Brodie would come at higher number.

Brodie and Muzzin have almost identical production, over the last 5.5 years. Muzzin with 203 points in 441 and Brodie with 204 in 438. One of these guys are significantly more physical and better defensively. You factor in the home town discount and Brodie should come in around 5.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Brodie and Muzzin have almost identical production, over the last 5.5 years. Muzzin with 203 points in 441 and Brodie with 204 in 438. One of these guys are significantly more physical and better defensively. You factor in the home town discount and Brodie should come in around 5.

Muzzin isn’t significantly better than Brodie defensively

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I disagree. I also said significantly more physical and better defensively.

Muzzin hits more but Brodie is an excellent defender. People wrongly associate his turnovers with poor defensive play and they really aren’t related

I’d argue he’s one of the best in the league at defending the rush and he’s great at separating opponents from the puck with his stick

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Muzzin hits more but Brodie is an excellent defender. People wrongly associate his turnovers with poor defensive play and they really aren’t related

I’d argue he’s one of the best in the league at defending the rush and he’s great at separating opponents from the puck with his stick
One of the best in the league eh? You'd probably have a rough go finding many who share your sentiment. He's never been strong in our end, especially against the cycle and heavy forwards.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
One of the best in the league eh? You'd probably have a rough go finding many who share your sentiment. He's never been strong in our end, especially against the cycle and heavy forwards.

Did he say that he was?

I definitely agree that Brodie is elite at defending the rush and denying zone entries. Very often, he can knock the puck away or even turn it back up the ice.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames should resign Brodie and let Hamonic walk. I doubt Treliving will trade him at the TDL.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Phttt! A broken thumb??? Suck it up Karl. Guys have kept on playing with broken legs!!

Ewww! I can't play!!! I broke a finger nail! It hurts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad