OT: Around the NHL - This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Montreal just had to let Washington tie it, huh? They go ahead and win anyways, but give up a point to the Caps while doing so.

Friggin' Montreal can't even win the right way (for the Pens).

at least vegas prevented a 12th straight win from tampa so the Cup parade can resume planning in toronto instead :naughty:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
didn't he just take out rantanen a few days ago?
There's this one too back in December.

He got 2 games for this prior to that hit above.

Then that elbow to the head just now.

If the DoPS did their job, that one at the top should be 8-10 games, this most recent one, should be a 20 game suspension.

He is LITERALLY repeating a pattern and the league is doing nothing about it after giving him 2 games for it and he subsequently has 2 incidents of the same sort of thing, targeting the head.

Other crap this wanker does....

Funny, same franchise that brought Gudas into the league.

In the Ranta injury...he purposely takes out his legs and you can see it.
Mikko Rantanen Crashes Into Boards And Leaves Game Injured

Reactions: TNT87

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Florida just had to lose to LA, I guess TOR will have the honour of losing in the first round once again after all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Their leader in goals. Yeah put a pin in them. They wont be able to survive without Jones and Bjork

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if CLB and Florida drop out of the race in the next month...I think we’ll see 5 teams in the Metro get in, Wash, Pit, Isles, Philly, Car but CLB will probably be the team out...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ok that OT made no sense to me in the Hawks/Preds game. Why are you backing up to your blueline allowing the other team to change? the whole point is to TIRE THEM OUT!!! so you back to just outside the blueline so the other team can't change but you can.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok that OT made no sense to me in the Hawks/Preds game. Why are you backing up to your blueline allowing the other team to change? the whole point is to TIRE THEM OUT!!! so you back to just outside the blueline so the other team can't change but you can.
I'm guessing that was the Perds that did that?

Seems like the kind of dumb shit you would expect out of a John Hynes coached squad.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm enjoying seeing Draisaitl potentially winning the Art Ross. If he ends up winning it, it's going to be really awkward for Oilers fans to keep using the "Crosby had a guy who won scoring titles" to argue McDavid over Crosby.

Well Crosby had Malkin. And Malkin had Letang and Letang had Crosby. But they all are so overrated!

Reactions: Smasher

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well Crosby had Malkin. And Malkin had Letang and Letang had Crosby. But they all are so overrated!

Ironically enoug, the argument has moved on to Crosby having Letang (and Gonchar) while McDavid only having Klefbom, since Draisaitl's producing too much to keep using "second elite forward" as the excuse.

"Sure, Crosby may have played with the likes of Dupuis, old man Guerin, and Conor Sheary at even strength, but he got to play with elite puck movers! That impacts totals way more than having a 50 goal, 105 point man on your wing does!"

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ironically enoug, the argument has moved on to Crosby having Letang (and Gonchar) while McDavid only having Klefbom, since Draisaitl's producing too much to keep using "second elite forward" as the excuse.

"Sure, Crosby may have played with the likes of Dupuis, old man Guerin, and Conor Sheary at even strength, but he got to play with elite puck movers! That impacts totals way more than having a 50 goal, 105 point man on your wing does!"
At one point they had - Hall, Eberle, RNH, Draisaitl, and McDavid on the same roster.

McDavid has some support, he's just in the worst team culture and well, lol.

Also, they've drafted pretty f***ing high for defensemen - Nurse, Klefbom, etc.

Letang is a 3rd round pick that plays like he was drafted in the 1st, f*** those sour wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad