OT: Around the NHL - The Tournament Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Subban has a thing for punching and hugging other players.

Keep it up Colorado, the goonery will continue to pour out of the Preds.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
In this game Subban has thrown 2 haymakers DURING PLAY at players who were not suspecting. It needs to stop. It needs to be eliminated from the game. Please start utilizing suspensions and 10 minute misconducts. It's ridiculous.
But the NBC team said “that’s how you have to play against the other team’s top players”...

Like I said, the NHL and the networks are almost openly advocating for a return to 70s/80s Lin brawls and scenes out of Slapshot...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m supposed to be watching playoff hockey and enjoying myself but the more I watch these **** shows and all the dirty garbage all over the ice, the more agitated I get and the more my blood pressure goes up.

Taking a peek on the playoff boards is going to give me a stroke...

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014
In this game Subban has thrown 2 haymakers DURING PLAY at players who were not suspecting. It needs to stop. It needs to be eliminated from the game. Please start utilizing suspensions and 10 minute misconducts. It's ridiculous.

Just club him on the head like Ovechkin did Crosby. League communicated there's no suspension for doing such things.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Just club him on the head like Ovechkin did Crosby. League communicated there's no suspension for doing such things.
No, no, no. Subban is a star in this league, full of sass and charisma. He’s the type of player that this game needs to reach out to new demographics and bring more fans in. He gets special protections...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thought I already hated Debbies fans enough, I now have some idiot sending me PMs because of a comment I made.

Man, some people take the Internet way too seriously.
I once had a Pens fan email me to get off HFBoards lmao, never seen his name before either.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I’m supposed to be watching playoff hockey and enjoying myself but the more I watch these **** shows and all the dirty garbage all over the ice, the more agitated I get and the more my blood pressure goes up.

Taking a peek on the playoff boards is going to give me a stroke...

Most of the series have been relatively fine, aside from the usual Marchand licking dudes type stuff, but this Avs/Preds series has been a mess from the beginning. The Preds just seem to take 2 penalties every shift, and dare the refs to call it.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Look at this ****.

Every game we’ve got scrums with punches being thrown and guys getting tackled after every other whistle...

This is what the NHL wants.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Most of the series have been relatively fine, aside from the usual Marchand licking dudes type stuff, but this Avs/Preds series has been a mess from the beginning. The Preds just seem to take 2 penalties every shift, and dare the refs to call it.
Every game I’ve watched tonight has gotten out of control.

Questionable hits, nut spears, two handed slash from Marchand, Subban throwing punches at the back of guys’ heads, guys getting tackled and driven into the ice, close to line brawls, etc

This isn’t just “playoff hockey” ramping up, this is a **** show.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Look at this ****.

Every game we’ve got scrums with punches being thrown and guys getting tackled after every other whistle...

This is what the NHL wants.

Never been more thankful for Sullivan and his approach. Our series is downright tame by comparison to pretty much every other one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agree. Let’s hope it lasts because I think that the Flyers might start ramping up the nastiness as the pressure builds.
They can do it all they want, if it keeps putting the Pens on the powerplay, they'll realize playing that style isn't going to take them back to 2012.

One of the best things in Game 3 was when Sid took some crap and just skated away. Didn't look angry, just a f***ing T-100 Machine. Skated away. Flyers then tried to go after Geno, Geno just laughed and sat in the box.

Reactions: td_ice and Bingo71

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It pains me that Anaheim got Adam Henrique and then took a fat shit in the first round.

I mean we got Brass, so I am not mad at that at all, but man, Henrique is such a fantastic player (tailor made for the Pens game too) and then you have that turd of a team in Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad