OT: Around the NHL: The Start of a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I suspect it's the whole 'we've got 6.25M committed for another three years after this to a train wreck of a goalie and a cheap ass owner, so we're screwed' angle that concerns their fans a little more than Murray sucking now and insuring a higher pick.

It really is amazing though . . . he's gone full Jim Carey.

It's sad to see him go from being mentioned in the same breath as Ken Dryden and Cam Ward to 'this.'

Reactions: Gurglesons and KIRK

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Late in the first, and only shots have landed in net between the Hawks and Jackets.

I’m sure that doesn’t have to do with Dubois’ trade request.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You mean go from Cam Ward to become Cam Ward?

Cam Ward had his moments, but yeah... maybe a bad example. I was trying to think of goalies who were great right off the bat, but had an otherwise average career.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I realize he’s a deplorable human being, but Patrick Kane is a treat to watch. Dylan Strome got the goal, but it was all Kane.

Definitely agree about watching him play. You would hope he learned his lesson as a young man with money and hopefully turned it around by now. I don't really follow what players do in the offseason, but I would just hope he learned and is a good dude now.

I mean none of us are perfect in life! That's for sure. I'd probably punch 21 year old ColePens.... :laugh:

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Can't imagine 500 in a crowd better than zero lol

Some pathetic clapping from somewhere to the left and one idiot yelling SHOOOOOT from the right

Lol

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I think my friends and I would have a blast in an arena that empty. Randomly shouting "shoot" or "get there" at totally inappropriate times. And yelling at the opposing goalie.
reminds me of some pens games i used to go to (a few years ago);) but at least you know your voice will be heard.:yo:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think my friends and I would have a blast in an arena that empty. Randomly shouting "shoot" or "get there" at totally inappropriate times. And yelling at the opposing goalie.

I’d start yelling stuff from the Prince/Chapelle Show skit :laugh:

SHOOT THE J!!!!!

GAME BLOUSES!!!!

Reactions: EightyOne

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wow that’s an awful call :laugh:

I will admit I did not see it from the context of the play, but that is interference. The player is moving out of his way to get in the way of a forechecking player. Now... if it was called like that 24/7, sure. But i've seen that called before

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I will admit I did not see it from the context of the play, but that is interference. The player is moving out of his way to get in the way of a forechecking player. Now... if it was called like that 24/7, sure. But i've seen that called before

Agreed.

That's just never called. The amount of "oppsie i turned in front of you" is hilarious. It was JMFJ's only calling card.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agreed.

That's just never called. The amount of "oppsie i turned in front of you" is hilarious. It was JMFJ's only calling card.
Yup. Typically guys make it look better but it's an on the ice pick. This is what Sully means by get in lanes. Slowing down the opposition is exactly this.

I think it was called due to the theatrics of it on both sides. The guy DEFINITELY takes his elbow out. That was the dead giveaway to me. If he just stays in his lane, it isn't called.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

The first guy is skating around a blues player just standing in front of him so and the second guy is going straight line for a long time.

I don’t see what else the devils players should do especially since their eyes are in the puck and they can’t just plop through a stationary guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad