OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Penguins owner Mario Lemieux lists Quebec castle for $21,999,066

Hey let's all pitch in and buy Lemieux's castle! The HFBoards Penguins getaway.

If I were a richer I'd have a half underground, quarter underwater, quarter above ground home. It would be awesome. Big houses just being big because they can be big are stupid. You only need so much room before it is just wasteful and the upkeep is outrageous. Hell, I'd imagine a house that big you go for years without going into all the rooms and it's just gaudy.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If I were a richer I'd have a half underground, quarter underwater, quarter above ground home. It would be awesome. Big houses just being big because they can be big are stupid. You only need so much room before it is just wasteful and the upkeep is outrageous. Hell, I'd imagine a house that big you go for years without going into all the rooms and it's just gaudy.

There’s a town in Australia that’s mostly underground. Opal mining town. I went through it on a school excursion. I found an opal and thought I’d struck it rich, it was worth $5 :laugh:

Welcome to Coober Pedy: There's a whole town in Australia that lives underground | Metro News

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
There’s a town in Australia that’s mostly underground. Opal mining town. I went through it on a school excursion. I found an opal and thought I’d struck it rich, it was worth $5 :laugh:

Welcome to Coober Pedy: There's a whole town in Australia that lives underground | Metro News

Only a few more opals and you'll be rich.
Underground houses are so cool. It only makes sense. I mean in the summer and winter it is always steady temperature not to mention protection from whatever dangers there are. Plus you don't really have to worry about cleaning up much ... win win win

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Only a few more opals and you'll be rich.
Underground houses are so cool. It only makes sense. I mean in the summer and winter it is always steady temperature not to mention protection from whatever dangers there are. Plus you don't really have to worry about cleaning up much ... win win win

Yeah we stayed underground it was pretty cool. It was living in a cave with flooring.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah we stayed underground it was pretty cool. It was living in a cave with flooring.

If I could only do it all again... love what I got now, crushing debt, beautiful family, dead end job =P YEAH!
Not more than 7 years ago I had 20+ grand single and no barriers.
I could'v had my underground home if I started digging! =P

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Mario just built that place. Has he said why he's selling?

If he needs some money, he can always come out of retirement again. :naughty:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

ill-allow-it.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What if I told you, there was a time....before dial up...and the internet, was not accessible to Joe Public.....aaaaaah!

Lived it bro. At tipping 40 I broke so many bones, as much as neighbors windows hitting crab apples with tennis rackets, climbing too high in trees on to fall out or get stuck. Hip contusion from skate boarding / bmx / roller blading first day of high school was on crutches.
Never gave an f about connecting. We would use that bird calling where you cup your hands and get the tune? Know what I mean?
I still have VCR collections when I would pause the commercials. I loved that time... DSL here still took until the mid 2000s to get... which is even crazier. 15 years ago was stone age compared to now...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Mario just built that place. Has he said why he's selling?

If I recall at the time he built it, there were rumors he was interested in selling the team. Then Sully comes along and back 2 back cups. Just a hunch, but I wonder if he decided to stay in Pittsburgh longer so he decided to sell. Who knows though. That doesn't seem pretty weird.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I guess they are paying Wilson for every cheap shot he throws. So in reality I guess he's being underpaid in that regard. Funny reading Caps fans comments defending the contract. They are incapable of being objective whenever it comes this piece of crap.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That’s an obscene amount of term and money for Wilson....lol

I hope he concussses himself going for a big hit this season and is out for a long time...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That’s an obscene amount of term and money for Wilson....lol

I hope he concussses himself going for a big hit this season and is out for a long time...

Nah, that would give the Caps LITR relief.

I just hope he regresses to being a shitty 4th liners taking too many penalties. That would be what would hurt the Caps the most. Him getting hurt long term actually helps them.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tom Wilson signs 6 yr 5.17 mil contract

Gross....

Career high of 14 goals and 35 points -- and that's while playing on the top line next to Ovechkin and Kuznetsov.

I get that Wilson brings more to the table than offense, but if he's getting paid that much money, scoring roughly 15 goals and roughly 35 points ain't going to cut it. That's like paying Matt Cooke top six scorer money all because he can also throw some dangerous hits while chipping in 15 goals and 30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad