OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
?

I like that they re-signed the corpse of Orpik.

What i dislike is that it's only for 1 year at 1m +500k performance based bonus.

I'm fine with it, he's a negative value player on the ice. When you look at a Pens goal highlight from the past few playoffs, Orpik is on the ice quite a bit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The outcome is the same, a player at a reduced cost. Ban one method, ban them all.

No. Brassard is still under his original contract. Orpik was essentially bought out by the Caps and then re-signed. It’s bullshit but I don’t care much in this case because Orpik sucks

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No. Brassard is still under his original contract. Orpik was essentially bought out by the Caps and then re-signed. It’s bull**** but I don’t care much in this case because Orpik sucks

Yeah the loophole needs to be amended. It's a bad precident.

They just need to add language to the next bargaining agreement that says players may not be be traded back to or re-sign with ANY prior team the player has played for until 364 days have elapsed.

That way you also eliminate FA players "leaving" and signing elsewhere only to be traded with salary retention back to the team they just left in FA. Or being bought out like Orpik.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I find it interesting (and I'm being polite) that two radio hosts can discuss everything that went wrong in Edmonton last season, and not attribute any of it to Chiarelli. He's the guy who put the roster together. But then again, people (non-Pens fans) did the same thing with Shero near the end in Pittsburgh.

Weird.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I find it interesting (and I'm being polite) that two radio hosts can discuss everything that went wrong in Edmonton last season, and not attribute any of it to Chiarelli. He's the guy who put the roster together. But then again, people (non-Pens fans) did the same thing with Shero near the end in Pittsburgh.

Weird.

To this day I'm sure Mike Prisuta doesn't understand why Shero and Bylsma were fired.

Reactions: BHD

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
He is more a Cap than a Pen now, IMO. That was my point.
He was dead to me the moment he became a Caps. I mean a walking dead can hardly be more dead and since he still moves...

His contract is what pisses me off (like pixies it seems), i would have prefered that Leonshit bled a little more on that one and they get away cap friendly with 500k possible bonuses which may amount to f***ing half of his 1m con-tract.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I'm fine with it, he's a negative value player on the ice. When you look at a Pens goal highlight from the past few playoffs, Orpik is on the ice quite a bit.
Yeah but they circumvent the cap with this ridiculous 500k possible bonuses attached to a f***ing 1m/1y contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad