Around the NHL Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Owen Power returning to UM for his sophomore season.

Michigan Hockey is going to be so freaking loaded... Must see TV... Seems like the only guys they lost were Cam York & Strauss Mann.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Dude is such a whiner. I'd let him rot in Buffalo at this point.

Why? Yes Eichel seems like kind of a turd. But at the same time, Buffalo is an organization run by even bigger turds. At this point I just feel bad for him.

I hate that, "Shut up and cry on your millions of dollars!" mentality that some fans have. Whether a player is making league minimum or league maximum shouldn't matter if their career and livelihood are being held hostage by a really shitty ownership group. So what if he doesn't want to play in Buffalo? Let him get the surgery so he can be traded. Let Buffalo get a couple players out of the deal that will tow the company line and be happy losers instead.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Why? Yes Eichel seems like kind of a turd. But at the same time, Buffalo is an organization run by even bigger turds. At this point I just feel bad for him.

I hate that, "Shut up and cry on your millions of dollars!" mentality that some fans have. Whether a player is making league minimum or league maximum shouldn't matter if their career and livelihood are being held hostage by a really shitty ownership group. So what if he doesn't want to play in Buffalo? Let him get the surgery so he can be traded. Let Buffalo get a couple players out of the deal that will tow the company line and be happy losers instead.

Yeahp. Both things can be true. Eichel to me has oftentimes come off as a major jackass. But if he's using who he is to shed some kind of light on the Sabres organization then I've got my popcorn ready.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

Oh I'm not saying Buffalo isn't without warts. But Eichel strikes as the type that would never be happy wherever he went.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Oh I'm not saying Buffalo isn't without warts. But Eichel strikes as the type that would never be happy wherever he went.

He seems like a high maintenance star for sure. Like I said, I think he's kind of a turd but the league is better off with him in it than without. Buffalo is fully to blame for letting this situation become what it is.

Reactions: golffuul

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Maybe I'm not up on things, but I don't see him as wanting out from that terrible ownership as a mark against him. If anything I'm happy to see a young NHL player make a stand for a change.

But it's possible I've missed something here.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

This is a super weird thing to side eye Jack Eichel for but I remember being really put off by his response to Jalen Ramsey saying he could play in the NHL. I mean, yeah, Jalen was being ridiculous but that really seemed to trigger something in Jack. It's like, dude, he's just being a marketing clown. Chill out.

Reactions: golffuul

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
And in more recent f***ery, the Coyotes are getting the boot from their arena in Glendale!

City of Glendale, Gila River Arena will cut ties with Arizona Coyotes following 2021-22 NHL season

Apparently the attendance there only nets them 12k in sales and taxes, while the average concert nets them 25k. Also concert goers spend on average $58 per event versus $28 for the cheap ass Coyotes fans. And I can only imagine the maintenance costs being inflated from setting up the ice, melting and draining, then repeating that. Sounds like a smart move by Glendale.

It's also sounding like the Coyotes need to get the fudge out of the desert. Portland would go absolutely nuts for an NHL team with how rabid their fans are for the Blazers and Timbers (MLS).

Reactions: Electric Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad