Around the NHL Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
End of July is going to be so packed with news. Can't wait. Between the draft, expansion, and UFA this is going to be great.

And I'm cautiously optimistic that this year the Wings will have a little more moving and shaking. Likely nothing huge, but a bit more than signing dudes like Flip.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
End of July is going to be so packed with news. Can't wait. Between the draft, expansion, and UFA this is going to be great.

And I'm cautiously optimistic that this year the Wings will have a little more moving and shaking. Likely nothing huge, but a bit more than signing dudes like Flip.
Regardless of the number of moves I am looking forward to Yzerman starting to get his core pieces together.

Reactions: Konnan511

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

My gut tells me there may be some shake-n-shimmy at the draft. Given the number of picks the Wings hold and available cap room, there's potential for some good chit to happen:thumbu:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
My gut tells me there may be some shake-n-shimmy at the draft. Given the number of picks and available cap room, there's potential for some good chit to happen:thumbu:

6108c9df4008c7bcdc0f58853b3a4ee4.gif

Reactions: golffuul

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Love your new avatar :naughty:

Right on, brother!

I'm trying to put that energy into the universe. Chris Osgood has been the best goalie, overall, for this franchise since I was little. I'd just really love to have a top goalie to watch for a decade or so.

I knew Askarov was a reach but this actually feels possible so I'm struggling not to get too invested.

Reactions: golffuul

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Right on, brother!

I'm trying to put that energy into the universe. Chris Osgood has been the best goalie, overall, for this franchise since I was little. I'd just really love to have a top goalie to watch for a decade or so.

I knew Askarov was a reach but this actually feels possible so I'm struggling not to get too invested.

You need to find a way to incorporate this into it…

The_wall.jpg

Reactions: Bench

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Glass/Krebs + 1st + ? (smaller piece/pick)

easy
Except Buffalo may not take that. And Vegas needs to dump salary to fit him in. Can't just trade 1.6M for 10M and make that work under the Cap and still sign existing players. And Vegas also doesn't participate in the Expansion Draft so they aren't losing any salary to Seattle.

It's a tough fit to try and fit him in and still remain a deep and competitive team.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Except Buffalo may not take that. And Vegas needs to dump salary to fit him in. Can't just trade 1.6M for 10M and make that work under the Cap and still sign existing players. And Vegas also doesn't participate in the Expansion Draft so they aren't losing any salary to Seattle.

It's a tough fit to try and fit him in and still remain a deep and competitive team.
They're likely trading Fleury, my guess is he goes back to Pitt for a last hurrah/kick at the can. That's $7 + $1.6. We can facilitate the other ~$1.4 for a late 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad