OT: Around the NHL - Streaking teams are streaking [Don Cherry - see Post #484]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Also, you know the Flames Org is dying to get rid of this guy. If anyone can dig up footage of him kicking and punching players on the bench, that will be their ticket.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
watching NHL network is nausiating experience, got to turn the sound off...hockey has by far the worst broadcaster and commentators...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Okay...

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the whole Peters/Aliu situation.

Your thoughts on the status and role of Peters, Aliu, and any other party involved in this story - allowed

Your views on racism and all of that other stuff (basically, anything political) - not allowed.

Also, any post that calls out and/or attacks someone will get you kicked out (and possibly infracted). So think before you post. If you guys can't follow this, then any further discussion will be straight up prohibited.

Reactions: Investigator

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
people raving about McDavid and Drai should also be going gaga over Pastrnak and Marchard...those guys are just as sick...seriously, even with Bergeron out, they’re killing it...

Reactions: billybudd and BHD

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Saw that MAF left the team because of a family illness. Hope everything is ok there.

Peters can f*** off. He's going to pay for his actions, no further discussion needed.

Also, I checked to see what Aliu has been up to. Dude sure gets around. He averages like 3 teams per year. :laugh:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
people raving about McDavid and Drai should also be going gaga over Pastrnak and Marchard...those guys are just as sick...seriously, even with Bergeron out, they’re killing it...
Difference is both the Oilers are like able, and only one of the Bruins out of this duos are. That’s not to negate what Pasta and Marchand are doing. But they could score a million more points than another due, simply due to Marchand’s f***ery as a player. Very few outside of the Bruins base will appreciate it.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Carey Price just got blowed up, 5 goals on 11 shots.

But only Matt Murray has bad nights! The truly elite guys NEVER have the kind of nights where they give up 5 goals on like 12 shots following off of a 6-goal against game blowing a 4-0 lead because they're super consistent. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Trade

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
But only Matt Murray has bad nights! The truly elite guys NEVER have the kind of nights where they give up 5 goals on like 12 shots following off of a 6-goal against game blowing a 4-0 lead because they're super consistent. :sarcasm:

3JVY.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
20191127_005121.png

I look forward to hearing more about your Scottish cultural identity.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Saw this on the main board.. notable players with zero goals (and fun ex-Penguins):

- Carl Hagelin
- Josh Archibald (only because last year he had 12)
- Adam Larsson
- Riley Sheahan LULZ (21 games... -8....1 point)
- Joe Thornton
- Nikita Zaitsev
- Jordan Eberle (only played 12 games)
- Trevor Daley (only 11 games played? Injured?)
- Frans Nielsen (22 games played lol)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think we are REALLY seeing ramifications from the NHL not suspending long enough. Guys are taking liberties this year. And they aren't stopping.

You know who did stop? Tom Wilson. Because you suspended him enough to rethink his game.

This league is an absolute joke when it comes to suspensions. They're also the cause of this endless cycle of "well, we can't suspend him 10 games for this suspense because the last suspension for this type of play was only 1 game". Well duh, you're the ones that were lenient the first time!

I also blame the NHLPA for some of this. They seem to be more concerned with going to bat for the offender and trying to reduce his suspension than they are about protecting the guys who are the victims or who could be the victims of these guys who go around throwing dirty hits.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sheahan fit our system. He might be crap now but in ours he worked until they got Brass and it all went to ****.

It's Brassard's fault Sheahan sucked after? Sheahan sucked for a long time in Detroit, came to Pittsburgh and sucked for a bit, got hot for a while, Pens got Brassard, and Sheahan went back to sucking. He then went and sucked for two other teams. Maybe he just sucks?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's Brassard's fault Sheahan sucked after? Sheahan sucked for a long time in Detroit, came to Pittsburgh and sucked for a bit, got hot for a while, Pens got Brassard, and Sheahan went back to sucking. He then went and sucked for two other teams. Maybe he just sucks?
Jesus Christ dude. Relax. Sheahan was doing ok as a 3c, pens wanted more from that spot and got Brassard and it turned out both got really bad all of a sudden. Nowhere do I say he was great. But he was a serviceable 3c up until that. Now he's barely a 4c.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Jesus Christ dude. Relax. Sheahan was doing ok as a 3c, pens wanted more from that spot and got Brassard and it turned out both got really bad all of a sudden. Nowhere do I say he was great. But he was a serviceable 3c up until that. Now he's barely a 4c.

Am I not allowed to disagree without being told to "relax"? I don't think he fit the Pens system at all. I think he was a player that struggled on multiple teams and had a period of time where he was solid here.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Am I not allowed to disagree without being told to "relax"? I don't think he fit the Pens system at all. I think he was a player that struggled on multiple teams and had a period of time where he was solid here.

Coincidentally he only looked good when he had Jake and Kessel with him then was a complete no show in the playoffs when Brassard was hurt and Malkin went down..

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad