OT: Around the NHL - Streaking teams are streaking [Don Cherry - see Post #484]

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
According to that main board thread about Washington's goaltending, some Caps fans seem to think Holtby is basically 2012 MAF now.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Nope. Don’t have the cap space. Flames are happy with Rittich as well.
They will have cap space next year. Also, .906 SV% and 3.05 GAA Rittich? If the Flames are happy with that, they might as well not even bother trying.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
That 10M contract for bob was questionable when it was signed, it's still only 5 games played but an 87% save percent? woof. Good luck with that contract Panthers.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
They will have cap space next year. Also, .906 SV% and 3.05 GAA Rittich? If the Flames are happy with that, they might as well not even bother trying.
No they won’t. They will have to replace a top pairing defensemen. Rittich has been fine this season, rest of the team not so much. He’s also signed for next season at 3.5mil. Flames aren’t spending 11+ mil on goaltending.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
No they won’t. They will have to replace a top pairing defensemen. Rittich has been fine this season, rest of the team not so much. He’s also signed for next season at 3.5mil. Flames aren’t spending 11+ mil on goaltending.
Agree to digress, until July 10th, 2020.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That 10M contract for bob was questionable when it was signed, it's still only 5 games played but an 87% save percent? woof. Good luck with that contract Panthers.

That's kinda why I want Washington to re-sign Holtby to a monster contract: that would wreck their team big time. With Cbus they've got lots of room so it won't impact them for like 3 years down the line.

You can't pay goalies big coin in this NHL

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

I’m torn on that contract. The Panthers desperately needed a goaltender, even if it meant overpaying for one. However, were there any other teams trying to sign him? Was his asking price that high?

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
That's kinda why I want Washington to re-sign Holtby to a monster contract: that would wreck their team big time. With Cbus they've got lots of room so it won't impact them for like 3 years down the line.

You can't pay goalies big coin in this NHL

Holtby has to rebound this season if he wants a big payday. i have more confidence that he will then bob. but yeesh holtby gave up 3 stoppable goals on 3 shots last game i could see one of them but not all 3 on 3 shots.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Holtby has to rebound this season if he wants a big payday. i have more confidence that he will then bob. but yeesh holtby gave up 3 stoppable goals on 3 shots last game i could see one of them but not all 3 on 3 shots.

Even if Holtby has a mediocre season, he's got enough of a rep (and a Cup) as a big time performer.
His resume is better than Bobs. So his contract number is going to start with at least a 9.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

it was so bad you have to wonder if someone in Holtby’s family put a lot of money down on the game for the Avs to win...just saying

Reactions: vikingGoalie

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Even if Holtby has a mediocre season, he's got enough of a rep (and a Cup) as a big time performer.
His resume is better than Bobs. So his contract number is going to start with at least a 9.

This is exactly it for me in regards to Holtby vs. Bobrovsky. Holtby has shown he can step it up in the playoffs, even after a mediocre regular season. Bob's career is full of iffy playoff performances.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Guerin really gonna be able to draft Lafreniere right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->