OT: Around the NHL - Streaking teams are streaking [Don Cherry - see Post #484]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also, you know the Flames Org is dying to get rid of this guy. If anyone can dig up footage of him kicking and punching players on the bench, that will be their ticket.
Brindy corroborated the incident. The Flames are just doing their full due diligence to avoid a law suit when they fire him. Not if. When.

I hope they hire Nelson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Habs can't outscore their problems, losing 6-4 to the Devils. Who would have thought this would be the case for them? Generally, it's great goaltending/middling offence when you're talking about Montreal.

They need defensive help.

cut.jpg

Also their Center depth needs help.
nick-bjugstad-020119-getty-ftrjpg_1rf8zbu3eptvg1cb4d7mwn4ya7.jpg

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I like to think Sid taught MacKinnon everything he knows. That guy is carrying the Avs like Malkin circa 08.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I like to think Sid taught MacKinnon everything he knows. That guy is carrying the Avs like Malkin circa 08.

The two guys Sid trains with in the summer are the two guys who look the most like prime Sid.

If Sid's playing days are coming to a close, at least he's got "hockey guru" in his future to look forward to.

Reactions: End of Line

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I know they’re tanking, but Detroit can’t just lose every game by 5+ goals for the sake of the players well being, can they?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know they’re tanking, but Detroit can’t just lose every game by 5+ goals for the sake of the players well being, can they?

I just hope when the Pens play them next week they continue to pad our players’ stats...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

It’s worked for Edmonton for since 2007. They had that one disastrous year where they made the playoffs.

JR killed them off in the 2006 cup finals. They’ve never recovered.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Man, the Hockey News has fallen far if its most-noteworthy reporter is begging a retired guy for a twitter follow.

That out of the way, this Peters stuff is what it looks like when a coach crosses lines. Not the Babcock stuff. You can't kick a pro-athlete on the bench, let alone multiple times with multiple players. What is he thinking? If he had done that to Tie Domi, he'd have gotten his head caved in. Heck, that might have happened if he did it to Max Domi. And then (allegedly) making racial slurs at the only Nigerian kid in Canadian Juniors? And having him sent to the ECHL a few years after the kid objected to the abuse. What a class A dick. That last thing is something out of Harvey Weinstein's playbook.

Peters' behavior exceeds most (all?) of the coaching horror stories some of the Seniors are kind enough to share on the history of hockey forum. That's not something I ever thought I'd say about a modern guy.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers about to win 4th game in a row...will only be three points behind the Pens with a game in hand...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Karmanos is a nutjob so I might believe Ronnie Franchise over him considering his own kids sued him and one of them works for the Pens now and not even for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad