NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've only seen Chabot play in the two USA-CAN WJC20 games this past year and he looked like a good offensive dman but I didn't see a lot of defense from him. That's good and bad in that he was always attacking but then doesn't get physical in his own end. Like Boston, they have no need to rush him.

Maybe a homer opinion but I thought McAvoy outperformed him in both games and then Lindgren outperformed everyone in the one he played in to get Player of the Game.

I would be happy to have Chabot as a prospect but I'm also fine with Zboril. I like the more physical aspect of his game but it comes at the cost of some offense Chabot brings.

I think that what we`ll see is Chabot needing to work on some of the things Lauzon will need to. Both, when I watched them here were often far too quick to release from the D zone in order to jump into the play without being 100% sure the play was heading in the opposite direction without a threat of it being turned over. In the D zone, both can play with some physicality, my observations with both were they seemed to be fine in the corners with the physical play but their positioning when defending in front of the net needed improvement

Reactions: 00BW

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Friedman’s 30 Thoughs column has lots of insight around the league heading into the start of the season. Couple of interesting points in particular. Jets, the most penalized team in the league, had a former NHL referee provide a session to players on how they go about calling a game. Very good approach to gaining insight for a players approach to play. Also a tidbit on Tim Thomas’s tie to the Nordiques.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
This is one of the toughest seasons to predict I can remember. Seems like each division is up for grabs and the clear cut favorites are not head and shoulders above the rest of the league

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Entertaining game in Winnipeg so far. Weird 2 minute equipment violation penalty on Komarov for an ill-fitting visor.
I hate penalties like that, but at the same time, I always thought it was pretty dumb to wear a visor that practically sits on top of the helmet.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
0-4 for WPG on the PP wasting good chances. Leafs to an early 3-0 lead.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
4-0 Leafs. Winnepeg constantly has all the talk with how they have so many players in the top 50 and how their prospect pool is so stellar, yet they can't do the most important thing. Win games.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Winnipeg must be the new goalie graveyard. Big Buff may as well start gooning it up.

Their goalie tandem is average at best, but Maurice-coached teams could never defend well.

And this Leaf team is something else offensively. 4 lines deep, 3 real good scoring lines, Connor Brown, a 20-goal player last year, is on their 4th line.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Their goalie tandem is average at best, but Maurice-coached teams could never defend well.

And this Leaf team is something else offensively. 4 lines deep, 3 real good scoring lines, Connor Brown, a 20-goal player last year, is on their 4th line.

Elite talent on ELCs allows for some of the best times to contend. The Leafs will be good barring injuries.

Leivo has 18 points over 41 games and 15 in his last 25 over 2 years. Can't even get in the line up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Elite talent on ELCs allows for some of the best times to contend. The Leafs will be good barring injuries.

Yup, they got a two-year wide-open window, especially this season before JVR and Bozak become UFAs. Lots of similarities to that 2010 Hawk cup-winning team in terms of having lots of quality players on ELCs to compliment quality more-expensive veterans.

They'll be dangerous, like you said injuries aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad