NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Chia is a ****ing idiot and an ******* if this reported McDavid extension is true. I don't care how good he is. There is no reason to give him THAT much money and complete **** everyones elses situation with regards to the CAP because of it. I think it's irresponsible. I doubt the kid has such a big head that he needs that ridiculous contract.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Chia is a ****ing idiot and an ******* if this reported McDavid extension is true. I don't care how good he is. There is no reason to give him THAT much money and complete **** everyones elses situation with regards to the CAP because of it. I think it's irresponsible. I doubt the kid has such a big head that he needs that ridiculous contract.

I don't think he had a choice in this matter.

EDIT: To expound... I knew on the day the Oilers won the draft lottery that an extension such as this one would have to take place. This one isn't on Chiarelli. If you want the top player in the NHL to stick around in Edmonton, you're gonna pay out of your bleeding *******. No choice.

Last edited:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Chia can build, but it looks like he'll run into the same problem in Edmonton as he did in Boston, sustainability.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

EDIT: To expound... I knew on the day the Oilers won the draft lottery that an extension such as this one would have to take place. This one isn't on Chiarelli. If you want the top player in the NHL to stick around in Edmonton, you're gonna pay out of your bleeding *******. No choice.

As a percentage of the cap, roughly same as Crosby's second deal and less than Ovie's

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

How would that mess with other teams situations? No one has a McDavid to sign, the kid won the Art Ross and Hart in his 2nd season, no one has a player like that to lock up.

Now if he gives Draisitl 9M then you'll have a point

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

McJesus is a generational player, he's going to get his money.

The contracts that do Chia in are the ones like Sekera's and Russell's (even Lucic). Decent/Good players that he gives top dollar to (some at an advanced age) as well as all the bennies (Term, NMC/NTC).

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
As a percentage of the cap, roughly same as Crosby's second deal and less than Ovie's

I wouldn't have guessed. :amazed: Puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Paying top guys top coin has never been a point of contention to me. Yes it happens and yes it absolutely should. Kane and Toews lead your team to multiple Cups? You pay them and you thank ***** ***********'s feet that you get the opportunity to do so.

I do however beat the hell out of contracts like Benoit Pouliot and I think the Smith deal is ridiculous. Stuff like that. Bottom-tier NHLers getting long-term big-money deals.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Talk of $13 million annual contracts makes me love the Bergeron and Marchand contracts even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad