NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I thought it was very well done.

Minor thing that bothered me...the PA anmouncer’s voice. He seems to have one tone only, WrestleMania. It sounded a little weird at times during some of the somber moments.

too funny, having just watched the highlights of it a few moments ago, first thought was exactly the same.

Most likely plays out fine with the Vegas crowd, initially I was wondering if it was Michael Buffer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
too funny, having just watched the highlights of it a few moments ago, first thought was exactly the same.

Most likely plays out fine with the Vegas crowd, initially I was wondering if it was Michael Buffer

It was dumb (on my part) and I was trying to not let it take away from what was going on, but I kept waiting for,

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!! ONE DAY ONLY!! WE WILL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU WILL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!

(My apologies to the Monster Truck fans)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Emotions unchecked as Las Vegas makes NHL home debut
Nobody’s mind was entirely on hockey during what should have been a celebratory night and a milestone for Las Vegas, which finally has its first franchise in the major North American pro sports.
Instead, the Golden Knights and the NHL kept the tragedy in the forefront while attempting to provide their own modicum of momentary relief to a healing city.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-over-ducks/AMVlXDdc06gMOJ76UtppRP/story.html

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It was dumb (on my part) and I was trying to not let it take away from what was going on, but I kept waiting for,

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!! ONE DAY ONLY!! WE WILL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU WILL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!

(My apologies to the Monster Truck fans)

Hilarious, I only saw the highlights but did you or anyone catch the PBP? Curious how it was, I know when I first watched a Preds broadcast in their first year, listening to their broadcast team was painful as they had the duel responsibilities of calling the game, and explaining all the rules as they unfolded in the context of the game

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
It can at times be insufferable to listen to or watch a Leaf fan these days. The illness is spreading quickly. Thankfully the medical community has answered the call. If you have the symptoms, thankfully now there is ReLeaf.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bit off topic but is anyone enjoying the offensive juggernaut that the Habs have been this season under Claude ?
5 goals in 4 games? Sort of reminds me of the Bruins when Claude was coaching here. Hope he continues this rate of success the rest of the season.

Don't overate them. They only have 4 goals. They include their SO win as a goal. Only 4 regular goals in 4 games.

A good thing they have Price so he'll steal some from time to time and they won't end up with a top-5 pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So, you are telling me that Chicago has:

Sharp-Kero-DeBrincat

On the 3rd line and it’s working?

People here keep telling me that you have to have heavy, gritty guys on the Bottom 6 to be successful?

Role players, the bottom six MUST be role players, they must have a role, and scoring goals and producing points must not be that role. (Sarcasm).

Haven't been around as much in past. Are these posts an indictment on your current coach or the coach who you fired and is in Montreal? Or is it both?

And before Schmaltz injury the lines looked like this

Saad-Toews-Panik
Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane
Debrincat-Anisimov-Sharp
Bouma-Hayden-Wingels

3 scoring lines and a 4th mucker line

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Haven't been around as much in past. Are these posts an indictment on your current coach or the coach who you fired and is in Montreal? Or is it both?

And before Schmaltz injury the lines looked like this

Saad-Toews-Panik
Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane
Debrincat-Anisimov-Sharp
Bouma-Hayden-Wingels

3 scoring lines and a 4th mucker line

That 4th line may seem like a traditional 4th line on the surface, but I've watched a fair bit of Hayden this year and last (mostly for my hockey pool which values the hitting stat), and he's got some talent there for a big man, and some power forward upside.

Bruins don't have any young players really like that in terms of a combination of skill/size and hitting ability. Some will say Kuraly but I disagree, I don't see much skill there or scoring upside, even though I like the player and feel he could be a very good defensive oriented checking center with skating ability.

If they did, most would have no problem with that sort of guy as one of the 4th line wingers in combination with one of Acciari/White/Schalller/etc. as the other winger.

Many want one of the two 4th line wingers to have some scoring upside, and a guy who as the season moves along should A) get better, and B) be an option in case a Top 9 forward goes down to injury, rather than call a guy up from the AHL and insert him onto a scoring line into the fire.

Seems like Cassidy (like Julien) prefers the safer route of "zero-zone" veterans who will bring next to nothing in terms of offensive production, on his 4th line.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I hope the Caps finally break the Pens curse. I am not a fan of either team and i know they are far from there yet but can't wait to see Pens hit the bottom again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wow those Devils are, dare I say, fun to watch. What a terrifically entertaining tilt between the two teams, both played with a seemingly acute allergy to defense, up and down the ice all night....more of that please. Far too often these days, I wind up flipping channels off hockey due to terrible boredom

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
saw the box score for the Caps-Devils, Ovi scored his 9th tonight. He'll hit double digits at mid October. Backstrom with 8 apples. The college free agent Butcher has 6 assists for Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad