NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Bruins have a deep and talented group of under 25 year old kids as good as anyone

I do like comps it's fun to me and I can go back to late 60's with good recall

DeBrusk I've said is a Ryder type of goal scorer with better passing ability and I'm doubling down more consistent

Senyshyn I been looking at Mason Raymond but a very knowledgeable buddy says, Chris Kreider. Mark Divver one of the best hockey writers on the planet says a scout told him Michael Grabner.

I'm glad they both are in the Bruins development program that looks like a fantastic system.

The 3 guys all linked to the Bruins picks - Barzal, Connor, and Chabot look like stars

I watched all three recently from ice level and came away duly impressed

Sweeney is going to have an interesting summer sorting all these guys out

Debrusk has great potential, but right now I'm on the Heinen express. He seems to have the whole package, great awareness and the ability to put it to good use.

Reactions: frickinbobby

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Debrusk has great potential, but right now I'm on the Heinen express. He seems to have the whole package, great awareness and the ability to put it to good use.
He's a throw back

Glad to hear that your opinion carries a lot of weight to me

Heinen does have a lot of good hockey traits found in players like Bergeron and Eriksson

If he turns into a 25 goal/60 point player the Bruins struck gold

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The Bruins have a deep and talented group of under 25 year old kids as good as anyone

I do like comps it's fun to me and I can go back to late 60's with good recall

DeBrusk I've said is a Ryder type of goal scorer with better passing ability and I'm doubling down more consistent

Senyshyn I been looking at Mason Raymond but a very knowledgeable buddy says, Chris Kreider. Mark Divver one of the best hockey writers on the planet says a scout told him Michael Grabner.

I'm glad they both are in the Bruins development program that looks like a fantastic system.

The 3 guys all linked to the Bruins picks - Barzal, Connor, and Chabot look like stars

I watched all three recently from ice level and came away duly impressed

Sweeney is going to have an interesting summer sorting all these guys out

I hope Kreider gets well soon and somewhat beside the point is that I think he is exactly the type of player the Bruins could use, so if Senyshyn can approach his level of play I would be thrilled.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
B0L2zthIMAAlKm-.jpg

From the Habs board, could not resist, Official, no goals in December.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
21whuu.jpg

and this example we said over and over from one of the habs faithful, good luck with this
Why is Gallagher, the Habs leading goal scorer getting the 3rd least minutes of any Hab, while Casper leads all forwards again.
21wguh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Interesting analysis of Claude Julien;s "system"... Kelly: Julien's style of offence just doesn't work

# not missing you Claude

This was a really good listen. Thanks for posting!

I think this is very analytical approach to what we were saying last year. So slow and tedious getting out of the defensive zone, dump and try to retrieve the puck, dig it out and pass it to the point to take a weak shot that has almost no chance to go in. I haven't watched much of Montreal, but it seems that's the gameplan there as well. This year we've got guys all over the place, centering passes coming from down low and the half wall, and guys trying to get to the middle of the ice instead of using the points.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What was he thinking letting Markov go, and giving an over the hill Karl Alzner almost $25 million over 5 years.
Add to that not signing Radulov and turning that into a fiasco. Radulov was a massive part of the team last season and has strength and skills and spades. He is doing quite well in Dallas. Bergevin basically approached every player deal as if it were in a vacuum, while ignoring what was happening to the roster. He also approached the re-signings/potential FA signings as if he had a stocked pipeline. Unreal what a mess he has made of that organization -- aging roster, not a lot of skilled young players, subpar prospects, and very weak trade bait. I love it!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
21whuu.jpg

and this example we said over and over from one of the habs faithful, good luck with this
Why is Gallagher, the Habs leading goal scorer getting the 3rd least minutes of any Hab, while Casper leads all forwards again.
21wguh.jpg

Who would have ever guessed this would happen? I love Claude but I am torn here. On the one hand, I want him to coach somewhere else so I can root for him. On the other hand, he is a terrible fit for that team so I hope he stays there forever.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Add to that not signing Radulov and turning that into a fiasco. Radulov was a massive part of the team last season and has strength and skills and spades. He is doing quite well in Dallas. Bergevin basically approached every player deal as if it were in a vacuum, while ignoring what was happening to the roster. He also approached the re-signings/potential FA signings as if he had a stocked pipeline. Unreal what a mess he has made of that organization -- aging roster, not a lot of skilled young players, subpar prospects, and very weak trade bait. I love it!
the crazy thing to me is letting Radulov walk and then trading an elite D prospect for forward help. like...why? It's not like they had a ton of defensive depth in their system. Drouin's not a bad player, but he wasn't a guy you sell the farm to get.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
the crazy thing to me is letting Radulov walk and then trading an elite D prospect for forward help. like...why? It's not like they had a ton of defensive depth in their system. Drouin's not a bad player, but he wasn't a guy you sell the farm to get.
So true. Nothing about the Habs offseason made any sense. It's as if they hired Claude and beyond that had no plan for the summer. You simply do not trade a young guy like Sergachev for a player of the caliber of Drouin. Not only that, but Montreal gave up a second round pick for a 6th round pick in that trade. Unbelievable. Sergachev at D has more points than Drouin this season lol. Drouin 18 pts. Sergachev 23 pts.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
So true. Nothing about the Habs offseason made any sense. It's as if they hired Claude and beyond that had no plan for the summer. You simply do not trade a young guy like Sergachev for a player of the caliber of Drouin. Not only that, but Montreal gave up a second round pick for a 6th round pick in that trade. Unbelievable. Sergachev at D has more points than Drouin this season lol. Drouin 18 pts. Sergachev 23 pts.
The thing is it's not even hindsight. Drouin is not living up to expectations but even if both guys were to hit their ceilings, the defenseman is always more valuable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad