Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rangers’ Chris Kreider sidelined with blood clot - The Boston Globe

The New York Rangers announced Thursday that forward Chris Kreider will be sidelined indefinitely with a blood clot in his right arm. The 26-year-old Kreider left a 1-0 shootout win over Washington on Wednesday night late in the first period. According to Rangers coach Alain Vigneault, Kreider, a Boxford native who played at Boston College from 2009-2012, felt swelling in his arm before the game but was cleared to play after being examined by doctors.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Canucks beat the Blech-hawks 5-2. I don't care about Vancouver anymore, but I'm always happy to see Chicago lose.

Kings and knights going to OT. Kings have an annoying goal horn and the go Kings go chant makes my ears bleed.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I keep waiting for the clock to hit Midnight for Vegas.................................still waiting
I don't think anybody was predicting them to be this good.

I haven't decided whether I love it or hate it yet. :laugh:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Half the team is at a pub in Ottawa near me. Warming up the car...
That is so cool. Always nice seeing them outand about off the ice. I remember one time here in Vancouver when the Habs were in town to play the Canucks, I went to a sports bar for a couple beers and some grub and the place was full of Hab players including Patrick Roy. There was a big black board with chalk above the urinals In the bathroom and I wrote Habs suck in giant letters with a picture of a guy bent over. As I watched the players go to the bathroom I had a good laugh because I knew they would see it. Good times !

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Ya they're all legal here. Man Backes and Carlo and Nash are big dudes. Nash seems bigger than he's listed.

Krug and Charlie for sure smaller than they list them.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
That is so cool. Always nice seeing them outand about off the ice. I remember one time here in Vancouver when the Habs were in town to play the Canucks, I went to a sports bar for a couple beers and some grub and the place was full of Hab players including Patrick Roy. There was a big black board with chalk above the urinals In the bathroom and I wrote Habs suck in giant letters with a picture of a guy bent over. As I watched the players go to the bathroom I had a good laugh because I knew they would see it. Good times !

You are my hero

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Well that was wild. Bought a round for Krug, Charlie, Carlo, Pasta and Heinen (last dude not sure who it was). Shook hands with Backes, said hi to Nash. Didn't get to say hi to Marchy. Was a little star struck with him.

Anyway that bucket list item is done.
Holy shit! Extremely cool man.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Holy ****! Extremely cool man.

Carlo is hands down the most bad ass dude ever. Everyone else is socializing, he was LOCKED into the world juniors. Dude was just absorbing hockey. And at the end he was the one who said they appreciated the drinks. Momma raised him well.

All of them were super into the game though. Neat to watch the pros watch future pros.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bobrovsky giving the Sens a late Xmas gift with the blooper goal of the year and then another horrific goal to gift wrap the Sens the lead.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Carlo is hands down the most bad ass dude ever. Everyone else is socializing, he was LOCKED into the world juniors. Dude was just absorbing hockey. And at the end he was the one who said they appreciated the drinks. Momma raised him well.

All of them were super into the game though. Neat to watch the pros watch future pros.

Very cool !!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

Back when sleep was just a suggestion for me, in the early/mid 2000s, I used to frequent a nightclub on Monday night, here in Toronto, and it was very common for visiting hockey and baseball players to pop in. Most guys would keep a low profile and just chill but I'll never forget the night the Atlanta Thrashers (with Kovalchuk and Lord Byron) were there. They pretty much took over the dance floor and appeared to have a great time. It was funny because, like I said, most athletes kept a pretty low profile.

Another time, a few Yankees were there. Jeter and Posada were leaning against a wall all night, unaproached by anybody (fanboys or girls). I happened to be in the washroom while Jeter was at the urinal and somebody kept yelling, "You're Derek Jeter" as he was doing his business. Jeter's response, "Nah, Nah, it's not me".

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins have a deep and talented group of under 25 year old kids as good as anyone

I do like comps it's fun to me and I can go back to late 60's with good recall

DeBrusk I've said is a Ryder type of goal scorer with better passing ability and I'm doubling down more consistent

Senyshyn I been looking at Mason Raymond but a very knowledgeable buddy says, Chris Kreider. Mark Divver one of the best hockey writers on the planet says a scout told him Michael Grabner.

I'm glad they both are in the Bruins development program that looks like a fantastic system.

The 3 guys all linked to the Bruins picks - Barzal, Connor, and Chabot look like stars

I watched all three recently from ice level and came away duly impressed

Sweeney is going to have an interesting summer sorting all these guys out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad