OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Face it, folks…all of our competitors will just keeping winning…anyone who thinks the Flyers and Caps and Wings and Tampa are just going to fall flat hasn’t been paying attention…it’s halfway thru the season already and they have as good or better records than the Pens…
I fully expect Philly and Washington to fall apart. Tampa seems like they've lost their luster but they're still likely a WC team. Detroit seems decent but not sold on their goaltending tbh.

I dunno. I'm not saying this team's good, or even has an inside track to a WC spot--because I don't think they're actually as good as their record seems the past dozen games--I'm just sayin' there's a whole lotta trash in the East. The Pens are just part of the trash pile, so they've got a shot and will likely be in the hunt until the very end.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Knights are just destroying the Rangers tonight…hopefully they’ll get complacent about Saturday’s opponent then lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I fully expect Philly and Washington to fall apart. Tampa seems like they've lost their luster but they're still likely a WC team. Detroit seems decent but not sold on their goaltending tbh.

I dunno. I'm not saying this team's good, or even has an inside track to a WC spot--because I don't think they're actually as good as their record seems the past dozen games--I'm just sayin' there's a whole lotta trash in the East. The Pens are just part of the trash pile, so they've got a shot and will likely be in the hunt until the very end.
Weird to say that first part, the second paragraph is essentially why I don't think this team has what it takes to be a favorite over either of those teams these days.

Pens have been probably more inconsistent than the Wings and Flyers and somehow blokes feel this team has a shot over them? I despise the Flyers but I don't have much faith in a Sully coached team that is very prone to losing composure by teams that know to push a certain few players and they start taking dumb penalties. Also matching etc is not something Sully does. Detroit is oddly deep but yeah their goalies can be hit or miss but then again the Wings dunked on the Pens this season so far and the Flyers have won their games, obviously you have OT and no shootout so the games could end differently.

I don't know if the Pens are better than those teams honestly and mentioning the Caps is pointless. Ovy is injured and not the same right now, rest of that roster is a question mark and if they're in the playoff hunt near the deadline, it depends on what a team that has cap space to add, can add.

Pens cap situation is way different. There's very little wiggle room and to dump the players Dubas would want to dump he has to blow more assets that the Pens don't have or can't afford to lose.

Tampa and Toronto are weird teams. They should be better. Vasy was hurt to start the season and has been up and down. A goalie like that isn't bad for long though, I'd wager the Allstar break is what the doctor ordered for a player like him. Toronto has all this offense and you think that defense should be good but that goaltending is such a wildcard/mess...then their GM just said nows not the season to be buyers. Is that a team you risk doing that with?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Face it, folks…all of our competitors will just keeping winning…anyone who thinks the Flyers and Caps and Wings and Tampa are just going to fall flat hasn’t been paying attention…it’s halfway thru the season already and they have as good or better records than the Pens…
I am still a firm believer we miss out on the playoffs again. We might be winning now but come down the stretch I doubt we will be. Also the PP being this bad despite who's on it? LMAO!!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am still a firm believer we miss out on the playoffs again. We might be winning now but come down the stretch I doubt we will be. Also the PP being this bad despite who's on it? LMAO!!
Our powerplay hasn't been consistently good for a while.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Conor McDumbf*** picks on Gourde all game and avoids fighting him but keeps doing shit like a wanker and causes the Ekholm hit out of frustration, stupid hit. But also avoidable if a whiny little bitch like McDipshit would actually answer for his own shit.

That f***ing loser isn't in the class of Ovy, Malkin, and Crosby. They'd answer for their shit.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Gonna be another shit night.
If the Isles also win, then the Pens will be back in 7th in the Metro tonight…Pens have to get on a long winning streak, Edmonton long lol…if they start losing while the rest of the competition is picking up points, it’ll be over pretty soon for them…I really hope they’re not have too much fun in Vegas but I can foresee another early slow start again tomorrow night where they get behind a few goals, especially since they haven’t played in awhile

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Isles lose to the Hawks

laughing-haha.gif

Reactions: Turin

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Man Vancouver are something else. Get completely dominated all period, get literally one zone entry with control and score.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Damn how easy is Washingtons schedule? Dudes are playing trash every night. Hopefully they finnally lose tonight.

Also woof, Ruffs last game in NJ? Keefe on the hot seat after Treliving gave him a dumpster fire team defense?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Damn how easy is Washingtons schedule? Dudes are playing trash every night. Hopefully they finnally lose tonight.

Also woof, Ruffs last game in NJ? Keefe on the hot seat after Treliving gave him a dumpster fire team defense?
The caps just got blanked 3-0 vs STL lol

Reactions: Turin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad