OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
cropped_capture-2.gif
giphy.gif

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Apparently DJ Smith was the only thing keeping Ottawa an NHL team

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
The Caps are the most goddamn lucky team. Idk how they are even close to a playoff spot. I keep hoping the bottom falls out but with their style of play, they may stick around.

Reactions: Andy99

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The Caps are the most goddamn lucky team. Idk how they are even close to a playoff spot. I keep hoping the bottom falls out but with their style of play, they may stick around.

They were playing Anaheim... We'll see if their luck continues with the tough run they have coming. They've definitely got the ability to shut teams down and be very frustrating though.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
They were playing Anaheim... We'll see if their luck continues with the tough run they have coming. They've definitely got the ability to shut teams down and be very frustrating though.
Third least goals for in the league. (Only ahead of Chicago and San Jose). A -24 goal differential. Nobody even remotely closer to ppg. Dylan Strome is their second leading point getter like wtf.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Marner with the worst interview by a player that I've ever seen. Playing the victim, whining, flaunting his baseless confidence. Someone shove a pacifier in that baby's mouth, throw him out of the booster seat and sit him down on a regular seat like a big boy.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Been very impressed by the job their coach has done. It's super weird that coaches can improve the teams' expected level of play. This has never happened in the history of sports!

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Third least goals for in the league. (Only ahead of Chicago and San Jose). A -24 goal differential. Nobody even remotely closer to ppg. Dylan Strome is their second leading point getter like wtf.

They're kinda the opposite of us. We lose all our games by 1 or 2 and win a fair few by 2+. They either win by 1 or lose by like 3.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Sam Lafferty is enjoying a breakout season pacing for 35 points three teams later at age 28. Weird to see anyone pining for this guy or seeing it as some missed opportunity.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Devils lost to Montreal at home in regulation. This place would riot. Getting some help from the scoreboard lately. Shocking to see the Devils in the wildcard race though, considered them a lock before the season.

They've lost their number 1 D for the regular season and have lost their number 1 C for a while now too.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, the Devils are way lower than I expected. Vanecek and Schmid are having awful seasons and Timo Meier is looking like one of the worst contracts in the league. Add to it injuries to Hughes, Hischier, and Hamilton and it's a mess. Luke Hughes and Nemec look fantastic and poised to be great blueliners for a long time, so I guess there's some silver lining there.

Probably shoulda let Meier walk and thrown the kitchen sink at Hellebuyck last summer.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Devils lost to Montreal at home in regulation. This place would riot. Getting some help from the scoreboard lately. Shocking to see the Devils in the wildcard race though, considered them a lock before the season.
Our chance for a home loss to MTL is coming up shortly…lol, they already lost to that team once this season…they’re not pushovers

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Our chance for a home loss to MTL is coming up shortly…lol, they already lost to that team once this season…they’re not pushovers
We didn´t lose to MTL yet. That said, we easily can. Devils are absolutely awful at home tho. Just 7 regulation wins and 10 regulation losses at home for them, the absolute worst in the East now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We didn´t lose to MTL yet. That said, we easily can. Devils are absolutely awful at home tho. Just 7 regulation wins and 10 regulation losses at home for them, the absolute worst in the East now.
Yeah I must have had a flashback to last season and our O-3 playod record against them lol

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They got destroyed by injuries this year, don’t have the goaltending or star power to push through

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Sam Lafferty is enjoying a breakout season pacing for 35 points three teams later at age 28. Weird to see anyone pining for this guy or seeing it as some missed opportunity.
I liked is physical edge and speed. I never thought he'd put up the points he has but wanted him over ZAR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
These western teams are useless
Face it, folks…all of our competitors will just keeping winning…anyone who thinks the Flyers and Caps and Wings and Tampa are just going to fall flat hasn’t been paying attention…it’s halfway thru the season already and they have as good or better records than the Pens…

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Wild suddenly with a rash of injuries and Hynes still sucks. I mean Guerin is better off just making sure Hynes is interim. I still think the coaching change was right but will never get behind Hynes as a coach. Same for Yeo as anything but an Assistant is not smart.

Also leafs not being buyers lol. Sure. If they can land Saros (he's apparently available sort of) then they should. A goalie like that doesn't come available often. Or at least go after Gibson.

Gibson to me is the goalie to get. On the Ducks it's hard for a goalie like him to ball out knowing it's for literally nothing and then destroy his body for it. If a team like Toronto or the Devils add him, they'd be laughing at the price someone pays for Saros instead. Ducks probably want a young goalie back or whatever. Both teams can offer that. Devils though? Lindy isn't shit. Brunette was the reason for last year.

Face it, folks…all of our competitors will just keeping winning…anyone who thinks the Flyers and Caps and Wings and Tampa are just going to fall flat hasn’t been paying attention…it’s halfway thru the season already and they have as good or better records than the Pens…
Yes but the probabilities mate! I was told the Pens had them probabilities and outcomes as such in comparison to others and the points they could earn but they had to suck first Bruh!!!!

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Great. Would love to see them in a best of 7.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Bloke needed to be fired and they had the chance to hire Andrew Brunette and whiffed. Even after last season they could have promoted Lindy into some Associate GM role and give him whack duties until his contract was up and tell him to f*** off.

Instead Brunette has turned a mostly sad roster in Nashville into holding down a playoff spot right now and FF is having an incredible year.

Edit: Even ROR is having an insane season on pace for 70pts considering he's only hit that mark once (could have a few other times but wasn't healthy). To let AB walk away and keep Ruff, 100% shit salad Fitzy has to eat since he had someone that got the most and more out of his young squad and now they're a mess under Ruff again.

Great. Would love to see them in a best of 7.
I don't know if I would see the Pens winning against either of those teams. Rosters wise sure maybe a slight edge over a couple and definitely over the Caps but coach vs coach, I don't see it being pretty.

Who knows what those teams add at the deadline too if they are in the hunt and feel they can hold down a spot and want to push for a spot and add for a run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad