Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Decent numbers in the SEL. .926 and 2.01. The hang-up will be his desire for a one-way deal. No one is doing that.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
According to Kevin Allen, it is expected that Ron Wilson will be named head coach of Team USA for the 2016 WJC.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Blackhawks get lucky it's only 1-0 heading into the third, Jon Cooper pulls a Tippett, the inevitable happens.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
With all these big goals, Antoine Vermette has likely re-established a good deal of value of his next contract.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
ba35704bc2913cea1f99b1877bee7246.jpg

(Vermy!...)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's disgusting to watch Chicago succeed the way they do. Both goals were absolutely sick, though.

What's disgusting isn't their success - it's the gloating coming from the Chicago fans who have flooded out of the woodwork after they got Kane and Toews, the same fans who suspiciously were nowhere to be found when the Blackhawks were drawing lower attendance and ratings numbers than the Coyotes.

As for the team itself, I find it pretty inspiring to see how completely they turned the franchise around after being bottom-feeders so long - for such a storied franchise, you have to feel good that they're not only respectable but dynastic.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
What's disgusting isn't their success - it's the gloating coming from the Chicago fans who have flooded out of the woodwork after they got Kane and Toews, the same fans who suspiciously were nowhere to be found when the Blackhawks were drawing lower attendance and ratings numbers than the Coyotes.

As for the team itself, I find it pretty inspiring to see how completely they turned the franchise around after being bottom-feeders so long - for such a storied franchise, you have to feel good that they're not only respectable but dynastic.

I would rather see Chicago win more cups than Crosby. Also, we can add Washington, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh to the list of those coming out of the woodwork when the team is doing very well. If anything, the LA Area is more focused on the Ducks than the Kings for now seeing how we the Ducks did this season vs the Kings. Some may say those who hoped on the Kings bandwagon have now hoped back on the Ducks bandwagon.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

As much as I hate the Blackhawks, I spent a decade living in Chicago's suburbs and knew a lot of Hawks fans. They were not bandwagon. The fans were adamantly against Bill Wirtz. Talk to a Hawks fans and Bill Wirtz would come up every time. His death in Chicago was probably more celebrated than OBL. It was eerie but when Rocky Wirtz took over he righted wrongs and actually invested in the team. Fans were coming back before the rise.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

I suppose to be fair that probably happens to all teams once they have sustained success but none the less, that's where things are at right now and I completely agree with you. I have no doubt there was a loyal core but make no mistake, the bandwagon can be seen from ****ing space at this point!

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
As much as I hate the Blackhawks, I spent a decade living in Chicago's suburbs and knew a lot of Hawks fans. They were not bandwagon. The fans were adamantly against Bill Wirtz. Talk to a Hawks fans and Bill Wirtz would come up every time. His death in Chicago was probably more celebrated than OBL. It was eerie but when Rocky Wirtz took over he righted wrongs and actually invested in the team. Fans were coming back before the rise.

This. (Dollar) Bill Wirtz was a notorious cheapskate among other things. Stable ownership that opens the wallet sure helps. Let's hope that help the Coyotes!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This. (Dollar) Bill Wirtz was a notorious cheapskate among other things. Stable ownership that opens the wallet sure helps. Let's hope that help the Coyotes!
Chicago fans love using Bill Wirtz as the excuse for their apathy during the lean times but let's be real here, this is why they started packing the house again...

duncan-keith-patrick-kane-jonathan-toews-nhl-anaheim-ducks-chicago-blackhawks.jpg

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Yes, it's the same entitled fan base that still goes on and on 20 years later about how great Jordan was, how he won 6 straight NBA titles. And when you correct them "actually, he lost to the Magic in 1995", they come back with "well, that wasn't *really* Jordan, he didn't play the whole season, yada yada yada"

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
And Tampa would be up 3-0 if they played liked they should in the 3rd period of Game 1.

Still got a big win in Chicago though.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
And Tampa would be up 3-0 if they played liked they should in the 3rd period of Game 1.

Still got a big win in Chicago though.

It was like Tampa gave Chicago a 13 minute power play to start the 3rd period in game 1 the way they were sitting back. They seemed content to try and make their 1 goal lead hold up.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Maloney was just asked on Burns and Gambo if he had any second thoughts on not signing Tyler Johnson when he had the chance. He said essentially that yes, he feels like an idiot, but then recounted that TJ slipped through three drafts without anyone touching him so "we're not the only idiots in the league."

I LOL'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad