Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddyB85

Dec 2, 2014
Central Florida
What'd you suppose is going through Vermette's mind right now?

He's the luckiest man on the planet right now to have been traded from our cess pool to the Stanley Cup Champions.

(Still happy we made the trade though)

I'm sure he and Rundblad are sending fruit baskets with Thank You cards to Maloney!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
CHnvHZhVAAATUMy.jpg

Celebratory Hawks fans TP'd Joel Quenneville's house. I guess this is tradition. I don't get it?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Pretty much assanine, unless they are willing to come back and clean it all up.

Here's our thanks for coaching the boys to the Cup? :shakehead
Joel places call to local cleaning crew, takes nap, wakes up to pristine yard. Isn't sure if cleaning crew even charged him because the amount didn't move the needle on his bank account.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The good news for Yotes season ticket holders (who sell tickets) is that the Blackhawks will play two games in Arizona next season. I figured that if I got season tickets and sold those 2 games, those tickets would cover themselves plus 6 other games. Those two tickets would pay for about 20% of the cost of 41 games.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Joel places call to local cleaning crew, takes nap, wakes up to pristine yard. Isn't sure if cleaning crew even charged him because the amount didn't move the needle on his bank account.

Even if I had to clean it all up myself, I think I'd find other things to be thankful at the moment. Would not register through my elation.

Now if I finished bottom 2 in the league and then woke up to a yard like that, I'd probably be irritated.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

I despise tp'n in general, it's at the top of my stupid prank list.... if I had one.

It's illegal in AZ, incidentally.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I despise tp'n in general, it's at the top of my stupid prank list.... if I had one.

It's illegal in AZ, incidentally.
Of course it is, damn near everything is illegal in this HOA state. I swear we have to be one of the p***yest states in all of America.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The good news for Yotes season ticket holders (who sell tickets) is that the Blackhawks will play two games in Arizona next season. I figured that if I got season tickets and sold those 2 games, those tickets would cover themselves plus 6 other games. Those two tickets would pay for about 20% of the cost of 41 games.
Pretty much. If 1 of the 2 is in March during Spring Training (as the Chicago game was last year) that will have big impact also.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm liking the (probable) change to 3-on-3 OT. The AHL model was unnecessarily complex. Keep it simple. 3 on 3.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm liking the (probable) change to 3-on-3 OT. The AHL model was unnecessarily complex. Keep it simple. 3 on 3.
I think it's dumb they are removing 4 on 4 first though. I mean 3 on 3 isn't much less gimmicky than a shootout but whatever, anything is still better than a tie. I just wish they'd ditch the loser point though.

2 points regulation win
1 point OT/Shootout win
0 points for a loss

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
I think it's dumb they are removing 4 on 4 first though. I mean 3 on 3 isn't much less gimmicky than a shootout but whatever, anything is still better than a tie. I just wish they'd ditch the loser point though.

2 points regulation win
1 point OT/Shootout win
0 points for a loss
Though more complicated, I would prefer the AHL model as the 4 on 4 (in the beginning at least) is a bit closer to real hockey.

Your suggested point system would be better than current system, though I would prefer the following:

3 points regulation win
2 points for any gimmick win
1 point for any gimmick loss
0 points for regulation loss

Gimmick to be defined as anything other than 5 on 5 hockey.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
A win for a win and a loss for a loss. No stupid point system at all. Win a game or lose a game.

This. Use the same standings system as the other big 3. Standings shouldn't be 14 columns wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad