Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Quinn Hughes looked like a Toronto Maple Leaf defenseman getting exploited by the Bruins last night. Wonder if the Canucks are all set to turn back into a pumpkin now that VGK is rockin’ and rollin’.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Interesting to see Canuck fans salary expectations for EP and QH. Many expecting long term deals at 10 for EP, and 7 for QH. I think they will be shocked if the NHL has a good revenue year and the cap gets some positivity next year...10 and 7 might be bridge numbers.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Interesting to see Canuck fans salary expectations for EP and QH. Many expecting long term deals at 10 for EP, and 7 for QH. I think they will be shocked if the NHL has a good revenue year and the cap gets some positivity next year...10 and 7 might be bridge numbers.
Since a lot of Canucks fans on here claim that Pettersson is better then Matthews, shouldn't that mean he re-signs for 5 years at $11.634 million or more money.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Since a lot of Canucks fans on here claim that Pettersson is better then Matthews, shouldn't that mean he re-signs for 5 years at $11.634 million or more money.
No. Although he may be almost as good as Matthews, he’ll get something closer to his other comparable, Pastrnak

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Will be interesting to see if EP going to extend this off season or wait till next off season. Also Boeser’s current deal expires at next off season too

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Canucks are another good example of what not to do in terms of signing bloated, multi-year contract for depth players while you have "an abundance of cap space in the future" ... That cap space gets eaten up quickly, and now they're tight against the cap and looking to move the likes of Demko, Virtanen, and even Boeser.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You hate to see McAvoy get hurt, but that was on him.
If Boston wins this game, none of that will matter, and Paquette will be get a suspension. My guess 2 games.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If Boston wins this game, none of that will matter, and Paquette will be get a suspension. My guess 2 games.
Can't see Paquette getting a suspension after the Ritchie hit went without, but this is the Bruins.

I really don't get what McAvoy was thinking, it was too late for Paquette to let up and he still stays on the same trajectory as he's turning which is right on Paquette's angle.

Reactions: Duffman955

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That would be in line with the Department of Player Safety decisions in the playoffs that when a Bruins player gets injured a suspension needs to happen for the player who hurt them. Look at the suspensions Nazem Kadri got in 2018 and 2019 as proof.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can't see Paquette getting a suspension after the Ritchie hit went without, but this is the Bruins.

I really don't get what McAvoy was thinking, it was too late for Paquette to let up and he still stays on the same trajectory as he's turning which is right on Paquette's angle.

You’re thinking logically. I watched DeBrusk throw a dangerous knee at Kadri that didn’t even draw a penalty.....sometimes we throw logic out when it comes to DPS and the Broons.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
There's some things Chara still does well. Clears the net, gets in a ton of passing lanes in the PK, wins battles....but he's just awful in transition and with the puck right now

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The more I watch the playoffs, the more I wish we put more pucks on net from the D. A lot of fluke bounce goals this year and our D seemed hesitant to let it fly.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A team is actually CHOOSING to start Hutch in an elimination game?? What world are we living in? lol

Francouz on the move this offseason?

Reactions: Nineteen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad