Around the NHL: Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
man, Jumbo signing in FLA makes me want to root for them as my 2nd eastern conference team this year. If Spencer Knight (and possibly Lundell) emerge this year, they can go deep.
Thornton lifting the cup would give me Ray Bourque feels.

What would fans do when the back-to-back-to-back Stanley Cup Champs are all from Florida though?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
What would fans do when the back-to-back-to-back Stanley Cup Champs are all from Florida though?
the same thing they do when the Avalanche win the cup in their first year? If you have a problem with it... o_O
Aside from the annoying rats, the Panthers had a fun cup run with largely their expansion roster in 96 (same finals)
people cheered for Vegas when they went to the finals in their first year.
I think "the fans" would be more pissed off if dumpster fire organizations like Buffalo or Arizona won the cup
I think "the fans" would be more pissed seeing Edmonton win because of their 10 years of tanking.
I think more fans would be pissed if we won the cup simply because "we got lucky" winning two draft lottos more than if Florida won.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
man, Jumbo signing in FLA makes me want to root for them as my 2nd eastern conference team this year. If Spencer Knight (and possibly Lundell) emerge this year, they can go deep.
Thornton lifting the cup would give me Ray Bourque feels.

fun team

now with Thornton, the oldest looking 42 year old on the planet from the neck up

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Nah. Jumbo can eat a dick.

because he called our team soft once? grow up. "softest team on the road trip" is also a far cry from "softest team in the league" but sure, he should have not said that after losing. Sore loser, sore winner. Either is not a good look. Pros are competitive and they want to win and he was annoyed that he had to talk to Stan Fischler after a loss. I think anyone would be.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
because he called our team soft once? grow up. "softest team on the road trip" is also a far cry from "softest team in the league" but sure, he should have not said that after losing. Sore loser, sore winner. Either is not a good look. Pros are competitive and they want to win and he was annoyed that he had to talk to Stan Fischler after a loss. I think anyone would be.
B2EFA8E9-D48D-4718-B528-E069CB37A475.jpeg

No.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Ladies and Gentlemen, here they are the Mon...ti...fiore...New...York...Rangersssss

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Gotta make money somewhere. Nobody is buying $12 beers anymore lol

NFL won’t be far behind.

Imagine if they just sold the beers for $6-8. Sales would triple. At $12 a beer I’m not even buying one. No point. Can’t afford enough to even get a buzz. At $6 I might buy 4-5. By the time I’m done with #4 my inhibitions about spending are lower and I’m just having a good time. Shit, I might even buy a jersey after #5. If I can get a buzz at a game for $24, I will. If I can't get a buzz without spending $48, I won't.

So you can make $0 off me at $12 per, or $24+ off me at $6 per. One thing I’ve never really understood about modern business models. Isn’t there a sweet spot at which sales are high enough due to lower prices to negate/surpass the profit of the higher price? It just doesn’t feel like it’s possible that they make more selling $12 beers than they would selling $8.

Last edited:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Jersey ads are a necessary evil. The patch will look awful on a Rangers sweater and I certainly will never, ever purchase another NHL jersey in my life, but I understand why they are here. If it helps the cap move up faster then fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad