Around the NHL: Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
What are these virtues? I live in NJ and I can't think of any that don't involve other states lol

NJ gets a bad rep. It's basically a continuation of LI and CT. A little more suburban and less chaos than NYC but with the same vibe or themes.

Good restaurants and a lot of concert venues. I've mentioned playing in bands and while I'm not a full fledged metal head/punk rocker or even in those communities, I have many friends who are and NJ has been a safe haven/place that continues to nurture these places so I give them props for it.

If you're in NYC, you can't really play anywhere in Manhattan anymore, BK has a "too cool for school" attitude, and Queens/LI does their own thing.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
5i8r00.jpg

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
NJ gets a bad rep. It's basically a continuation of LI and CT. A little more suburban and less chaos than NYC but with the same vibe or themes.

Good restaurants and a lot of concert venues. I've mentioned playing in bands and while I'm not a full fledged metal head/punk rocker or even in those communities, I have many friends who are and NJ has been a safe haven/place that continues to nurture these places so I give them props for it.

If you're in NYC, you can't really play anywhere in Manhattan anymore, BK has a "too cool for school" attitude, and Queens/LI does their own thing.
Play what

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Haven't understood this talk about Kane to the KHL. Wouldn't another team in the NHL pay him more than hed make there?

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Rock music, hard rock, metal. If you want to play in a cover band sure, you can find a bar here and there that will allow Dire Straits/Clapton/Pearl Jam/Spin Doctors but in terms of a developmental place for new artists, it's pretty weak.
Idk man I can think of as many successful modern hard rock bands from both NY and NJ. There are amazing bands from bumfcck towns and major cities. Albums are launched from bedrooms and a SoundCloud account now. The old model is done. The stuff I go see in Brooklyn is always top notch. All kinds of music. Metal, folk, rap, electronic, experimental, whatever. If you're good you should play all around NYC 2-3 times a year. More than that and you're relegating yourself to local status. Gotta play everywhere man. I'm not talking about bar bands.

Reactions: shackleton

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Idk man I can think of as many successful modern hard rock bands from both NY and NJ. There are amazing bands from bumfcck towns and major cities. Albums are launched from bedrooms and a SoundCloud account now. The old model is done. The stuff I go see in Brooklyn is always top notch. All kinds of music. Metal, folk, rap, electronic, experimental, whatever. If you're good you should play all around NYC 2-3 times a year. More than that and you're relegating yourself to local status. Gotta play everywhere man. I'm not talking about bar bands.

St. Vitus is awesome, I'll give you that. I was there quite often pre-covid.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The new NHL deal with ESPN means ESPN Plus now has the streaming rights. There is no more NHL TV on the NHL app or NHL.com.

ESPN Plus is effectively replacing NHL.TV as the NHL’s out-of-market streaming service, with over 1,000 games each season available for fans to stream. ESPN and ABC will also get 25 exclusive national regular-season games each season, while 75 games a year will be exclusive to ESPN Plus and Hulu.

Disney’s new hockey deal will see over 1,000 NHL games stream on ESPN Plus

I had NHL TV and I would watch the games on the NHL TV app on Roku and Apple TV.

That option will not be available anymore. Their commercials were annoying.

ESPN Plus will have all of the games. ESPN Plus is cheaper than NHL TV and you will also receive the other ESPN Plus content. ESPN is increasing the price next Friday August 13. If you want to save $10, make sure to sign up before that date.

Starting on Aug. 13, the price of an ESPN Plus subscription will rise to $6.99 a month and $69.99 a year, up from $5.99 a month and $59.99 per year. Disney is informing subscribers of the news on Monday. Prices for the UFC pay-per-view matches featured on the service remain unchanged, as does the price for getting a bundle of all of Disney’s U.S. services, which includes Hulu and Disney Plus. The group subscription costs $13.99 per month, 30% less than the cost of individual subscriptions to all three services.

ESPN Plus Cost to Rise - Variety

I hope ESPN Plus provides more than one feed of a game.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I hope ESPN Plus provides more than one feed of a game.

If they don't, it would be borderline unacceptable. Talk about one step forward and two steps back. Fans should not lose one damn thing. Watch live or start from beginning while game is ongoing. Game immediately archived and available to watch after it's over. Choosing feed, hiding or showing scores...but it's the ass backwards NHL so it wouldn't surprise me if the games were only shown in 480p without any of the aforementioned options

Reactions: wolfgaze

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
When did Nurse become a $9M+ player?
I noticed he was a beast in FANTASY hockey but when does translate into $9M?
I guess when you compare it to Trouba's contract though, it makes 1000% sense. sigh.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
When did Nurse become a $9M+ player?
I noticed he was a beast in FANTASY hockey but when does translate into $9M?
I guess when you compare it to Trouba's contract though, it makes 1000% sense. sigh.

No.. It makes zero sense..

Reactions: Barnaby

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Pelech was probably 6 to 7M. 8 yr deal lowers the AAV so that correct.

Nurse had a breakout year and is very good offensively. Probably looking at 7 to 8M on a multi year deal. Fact that AAV went beyond 9 is bonkers with max term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->