Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
And Bennett has scored in pretty much every game since he got traded there. Why couldn’t we get him?
You could have paid 200 cents on the dollar like Florida did for a guy who's been hot garbage most of his career and who wasn't getting QO'd this summer by his old team.

Good for him he found something there but come on.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You could have paid 200 cents on the dollar like Florida did for a guy who's been hot garbage most of his career and who wasn't getting QO'd this summer by his old team.

Good for him he found something there but come on.

Let's also see how that keeps up. Remember Ryan Spooner putting up 16 points in 20 games after being traded here? The next year, he put up 9 in 52, got booted out of the league and now plays in Russia. Not saying that Bennett's fall, if he has one, will be so drastic. Just saying that the initial response to a scenery change doesn't always stick.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
too much physical and skilled grit. Rangers always love no skilled grit tanner glass or old vets like Rupp Brashear Asham in the way out type. Rangers last guys that played a regular shift was Carrillo or Dorsett

Bennett has Huberdeau feeding him pucks. It's not as if there are lack of skill guys on this team to feed a guy like him either.

This young team has a lot to learn about the postseason when the refs put the whistles away, and the "dirty" tricks of the trade to help trip up other teams.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I was interested in taking a shot on Bennett as well, but Florida gave up essentially 3 2nds for him.

This place would have rightfully exploded if we did that.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
So apparently ESPN+ is "replacing NHL.tv"???

So where can I pay to watch all games? Is that feature ending?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not only that but more than likely we will do it on the final day of the season, against Boston and Marchand and Trent Fred will be endlessly chirping our kids. We can only hope for Lindgren to just beat the shit out of one of them at least.

Nah, it will be on the final day of Boston's season. We will beat them twice in regulation and be up 2 points on them. They will then beat the Islanders to tie us, but we'll still have the tie-breaker. Boston will be down 2 goals to Washington late, but tied it with the goalie pulled, then lose in OT.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
NOPE....just go back to TWO for win and ZERO for loss.....why complicate stuff ? A simple W or L in the standing ...

The problem with getting zero points for a loss after regulation is that teams then play for the tie. They'd rather get 1 point than risk getting nothing.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Streaming rights to the games Turner Sports is broadcasting.. that's it. So 72 regular season games, Winter Classic, half of the first 3 rounds of playoffs... SCF every other year.

Ahhh, I see. Will be interesting how this all changes the future of cap # ?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Ahhh, I see. Will be interesting how this all changes the future of cap # ?

At the moment, not at all.

But eventually, the two packages should add around $5m to the cap over the course of time. Not only does the Covid CBA come into play, but NBC's deal paid more at the end than at the beginning while still averaging $200m per year. I'd assume the ESPN and Turner packages do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad