Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Watching this Isles/Caps game and Igor is the best Russian rookie tendie in the divison and it isn't even close. Hell, forget rookies, all this talk about Hart/Elvis/Blackwood i'd say Igor is standing out above all of them. Don't know much about Jarry or whoever the Pens starter is supposed to be, but Igor might be the best of the bunch in the Metro.
Butch straight up said Sorokin was no good tonight. Wish we could get Dave Maloney to replace Joe on our broadcast. Some ornery old former player magic.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Piles lost.

giphy.gif

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Watching this Isles/Caps game and Igor is the best Russian rookie tendie in the divison and it isn't even close. Hell, forget rookies, all this talk about Hart/Elvis/Blackwood i'd say Igor is standing out above all of them. Don't know much about Jarry or whoever the Pens starter is supposed to be, but Igor might be the best of the bunch in the Metro.
I agree and I dont think its close.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes, Artem Anisimov was wearing goalie gear and almost played for the Sens on Saturday

Anisimov isn’t exactly the first name that would spring to mind for a positional player to suit up as a goalie. The 32-year-old isn’t exactly known for his defensive prowess; he once tied for 43rd in Selke Trophy voting.

Anisimov is not exactly a prototypical shot blocker either, an Anton Volchenkov-type of player whom many fans could easily envision stopping shots if pressed into duty. Anisimov has just nine blocked shots to his credit this season and has never had more than 55 in any single campaign.

But he was the only option from the Senators’ travelling taxi squad in Vancouver who was willing to put himself in that position.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Sorokin giving up 6 goals behind that D is unbelievable. Igor has allowed more than 4 goals twice in a longer career behind a much worse defense, even this season we're significantly worse. I think the Islanders have a much better record than their talent (much like a lot of Rangers teams in the past) but the way they play team D they shouldn't allow more than 3 goals in a game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I will say I feel dirty when we win in a shootout, almost embarrassed.

The shootout sucks because a win a shootout doesn't feel as good as a loss in a shootout feels bad. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad