Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I will say I feel dirty when we win in a shootout, almost embarrassed.

The shootout sucks because a win a shootout doesn't feel as good as a loss in a shootout feels bad. Not even close.

If no one can score in the clown show 3 on 3, don’t take it to an even bigger clown show in the shootout, I agree.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I was told that the Devils closed the gap on the Rangers this year.

That organization is in the infancy stages of Buffalol'ing themselves and Im going to enjoy every second of watching that unfold.
Even though the devils are a fairly obnoxious team on their own accord, its their fans that make me dislike them so much more than I should. The hubris for no reason is something.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If no one can score in the clown show 3 on 3, don’t take it to an even bigger clown show in the shootout, I agree.

I had a similar but kind of a reverse argument about why I didn't want 3 on 3. It's enough to have one clown show to end a game, we don't need another clown show. It used to be teams that won in a shootout won in a clown show, now any time a game goes into OT it's won in a clown show.

Reactions: DialUp

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
We’re gonna miss the playoffs by 1 pt, aren’t we?

Not only that but more than likely we will do it on the final day of the season, against Boston and Marchand and Trent Fred will be endlessly chirping our kids. We can only hope for Lindgren to just beat the shit out of one of them at least.

Next season will be so f*ckin' sweet though, it all will be worth it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pretty nuts that the Sabres had a historic losing streak and were the focus of everyone's mockery for an entire season and yet the Devils are like, "Hey we are right here too" as the season is ending lol.

But they've closed the gap and they're the youngest team in the league since the deadline!!!

I mean they're also 0-7-1 since the deadline and their star goalie of the future is barely sporting a save percentage above .900 but why bring facts into this?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
But they've closed the gap and they're the youngest team in the league since the deadline!!!

I mean they're also 0-7-1 since the deadline and their star goalie of the future is barely sporting a save percentage above .900 but why bring facts into this?
they have a bright future! Because young = definitely going to be good apparently. I am annoyed that they aren't picking up more points though, don't want them to add Owen Power because their blue line is an abomination and I would like it to stay that way.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
they have a bright future! Because young = definitely going to be good apparently. I am annoyed that they aren't picking up more points though, don't want them to add Owen Power because their blue line is an abomination and I would like it to stay that way.

He won't save them.

Plus they probably go Luke Hughes bc HUGHES BROTHERS.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Turner Sports, eh?

We are about to approach a timeline where SAS/Shaq/Charles Barkley are all talking about the NHL and I am 1000000% all about it.

These deals will be insanely good for the NHL in terms of exposure and production quality. The NBC is babytown frolics compared to them.

Reactions: egelband

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Pretty nuts that the Sabres had a historic losing streak and were the focus of everyone's mockery for an entire season and yet the Devils are like, "Hey we are right here too" as the season is ending lol.
dyT2amu.jpg

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I also think if it is tied at the 20 minute mark they should just keep playing ....no switching ends and no stopping ....just keep playing for 5 minutes . If still tied after the extra five .....give them each a point and forget about a win or a loss . Call it what it is....a tight game . This is how I would like it and even more so then my first option I gave in the previous post .

Reactions: Synergy27

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Watching Avs vs Blues and Colorado´s defense looks pretty terrible so far. Is it an off game? (I haven´t seen much of hockey other than Rangers this year)

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Cole Caufield played 15 minutes tonight in his debut, on the top line for the Habs, in a very important game for them.
Do you think that would have been the case if Quinn was coaching him....

Reactions: Shadowtron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad