Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
nils-lundkvist-2020-7053.jpg
does not make up for acquiring two of the worst players in the NHL lmao.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
1. f*** the Islanders. Thank you Tampa.
2. Same goes for the Habs. They were never even in my top 5 most hated teams until I came to HF 14 years ago and met their fan base. I’d rather eat toenail shavings than watch them win a cup.
3. The revisionist history on the McDonagh trade is embarrassing. Most of you (and the posts exist to prove it) would have shipped JT Miller anywhere for nothing more than a bag of seeds and stems.
4. McDonagh in his last season with us was a shell of his former self. That contract could have gone either way. Scapegoating JG because he was handed a pile of dog shit by Slats is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
1. f*** the Islanders. Thank you Tampa.
2. Same goes for the Habs. They were never even in my top 5 most hated teams until I came to HF 14 years ago and met their fan base. I’d rather eat toenail shavings than watch them win a cup.
3. The revisionist history on the McDonagh trade is embarrassing. Most of you (and the posts exist to prove it) would have shipped JT Miller anywhere for nothing more than a bag of seeds and stems.
4. McDonagh in his last season with us was a shell of his former self. That contract could have gone either way. Scapegoating JG because he was handed a pile of dog shit by Slats is about as ridiculous as it gets.

It was a painful but wise decision to trade McDonagh. Perfect time for everyone involved. McDonagh couldn't keep the spotlight of number 1 going but he still was 1b/2 skill level and would be a huge asset to anyone who put him in that position.

I've always been an underdog kinda guy but McDonagh is such a likeable player and did no wrong as a Ranger. I want him to succeed. I could go either way on this series.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Nice to see the fishsticks get punished for their attempt to win by making sure neither team plays hockey. They had MAYBE five scoring attempts based on actually setting up in the offensive zone and playmaking. The rest of the time they were chasing the Lightning for hits and obstruction all over the ice and trying breakaways. f*** the fishies and their shit "system".

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Also, I have a couple of friends/acquaintance here in the UK who are getting into the NHL and at first they were cheering for the fishies as the underdogs but by the end of the series wanted the Lightning to win because hockey is supposed to be entertaining and not a tense talentless drudge fest. But I don't want to be too hard on fish fans, after reeking for nearly 3 decades, they'll take whatever they can get.

Let's wrap up this half season, f***ed up division exhibition and get back to a legit NHL season in the Fall.

Reactions: tlk

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I know a lot of people here are lamenting the McDonagh return, but honestly how often do trades like that work out for the team trading the star player?

Miller for Namestnikov on the other hand…

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Go Habs.

TB is the * champion. They won last season in the bubble. This season was a shorter season. The Rangers were owed another #1 pick in the McDonagh trade. TB lost a 3-2 lead against the Caps in 2018. TB lost in the first round in 2019. The Rangers didn't get the extra #1.

TB has back to back Cup finals appearances. They kept the core of that team together after so many brutal loses. The GM left. What is Stevie thinking? They added the depth guys to the bottom of the lineup.

TB knocked out the Rangers in 2015.

Go Habs.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
f*** Gorton for that abortion of a trade (McDonagh/Miller)

I would give Tampa another second rounder right now for utilizing Mcd to silence the Fish D*cks two years in a row! Thank you Mcd and thanks Tampa for that beautiful game 7!

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah you guys won your version of the Stanley cup last night, your salt and high praise of your irrelevant team is hard to resist on here, but I hope you had a good time watching these runs the past two years, they only keep getting better!!
Yea been there done that already but at least we made it to the finals. At least management had the foresight to tear it down to build a true you winner/contender. It was nice seeing McD own the isles. But It will definitely be better watching this young team grow. We are loaded with talent. 2-3 years down the road rangers will be in the picture again. I’d wager with a savvy offseason we’re back in the playoffs next year

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I would give Tampa another second rounder right now for utilizing Mcd to silence the Fish D*cks two years in a row! Thank you Mcd and thanks Tampa for that beautiful game 7!

didn’t we already give them MCD to do that for Howden plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad