Around The NHL Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
It's funny that I don't get yet nobody ever seems to ever address what's in my posts.
They just look to try and spin things their own way.

What about Hayes, Zuc and Mcd?

Hayes looks to be the best player on Philly, Zuc was the best player in Dallas during the playoffs and McD is about to win a cup.

Much like Quinn, I just don't think JG has what it takes to move this team fwd.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it until I'm proven otherwise..

If we have one of those guys, let alone all 3 then we don't have Panarin. That in itself is a win. Then you can argue ADA is dealt and Lindgren never gets a shot.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
it was horrific.

83/84 was the worst with that OT loss to end the season after hitting a post.

Yup...I remember it clear as day. Bob Brooke I believe was the Ranger who hit the post right before Morrow's back breaking goal in OT. Too this day I still believe Rangers very well could have at least have made the Cup finals and played the Oilers had they won that game as they were the 2nd best team in the East that year.

Man oh man...that game stung just about as much as any Ranger game ever!

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
wow it counts and golden knights on a pp

That seems like a poor call to me. The contact wasn’t much but in a game like this, it seems like interpreting the goalie’s ability to react to the puck with contact is dubious. If there’s legitimate contact with the goalie while the goalie has a foot in the crease it seems that the benefit of the doubt should go to the goalie. Unless it’s an obvious flop it’s a “tie goes to the runner” thing in my mind.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Feels like Vegas gets away with a lot of interference and a few trips.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think Radulov had at least 3 bad turnovers just on that shift.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Jamie Benn and not scoring on prime buzzer beaters. Happens twice every playoffs.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rick Bowness always has that I'm going to reward myself with a whole box of Quality Street vibe to him.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Is that really supposed to bother me, little boy.
I've forgotten more about hockey than you and your no life having little online and probably only friends will ever know.
Now go back to playing video games while adults talk hockey lol

Both of you are embarrassing yourselves in different ways, and both of you have some growing up to do.

But I'm picking this specific post to reply to because it's particularly bad. I hate to jump on a trendy term but this is some serious gate-keeping and it's beyond silly. Do tell, when does someone get to have an opinion on hockey? What's the criteria? Please.

And then you gate-keep being an adult too. For what it's worth, in this new (crazy, I know!) world we live in... there are just about as many "adults" playing games. And a lot of them are extremely successful and intelligent, in case you wanted to gate-keep that as well and complete the trifecta of asininity.

Good? Good. We're all Rangers fans here, we share a common trait and a common desire. Let's act like it.

/rant off.

Reactions: Richard Banger

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Yup...I remember it clear as day. Bob Brooke I believe was the Ranger who hit the post right before Morrow's back breaking goal in OT. Too this day I still believe Rangers very well could have at least have made the Cup finals and played the Oilers had they won that game as they were the 2nd best team in the East that year.

Horrific loss but most exciting overtime ever.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Didn't Mikko Leinonen also hit a crossbar in OT? That was one of the worst losses of all time.

I didn't have cable back then, so I snuck into a bar in a bowling alley. After the Morrow goal, I was so mad. I saw a house with a big Islanders banner in the window, so the hoodlum teenager in me picked up a garbage can and threw it through the window and ran like hell.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Horrific loss but most exciting overtime ever.

No question it was THE most exciting OT ever. I went on YT and found it and SportsNet has the original Hockey Night in Canada shortened version of the game. I can't believe the quality of this video...it's as if you are there 35 years ago...just amazing.

For those of you younger fans who have never seen this and have only heard about it check it out and you'll see what it is us Ranger fans went thru back in April of 1984 after being up 2-1 in 5 game series vs the 4 time Cup champs Islanders. Islanders beat us at MSG in Game 4 and this is the famous Game 5 OT game.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing which is only 22 minutes long, skip to the 15 minute mark when Don Maloney scores the epic tying goal with under a minute left and than at the 17 minute mark of he video is the beginning of OT.No question one of the most exciting OT's ever but at same time one of the most heartbreaking moments in Ranger history.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Didn't Mikko Leinonen also hit a crossbar in OT? That was one of the worst losses of all time.

I didn't have cable back then, so I snuck into a bar in a bowling alley. After the Morrow goal, I was so mad. I saw a house with a big Islanders banner in the window, so the hoodlum teenager in me picked up a garbage can and threw it through the window and ran like hell.

:laugh: That's so punk rock. I might have kicked a few full garbage cans down some steep driveways, but I was never that daring. My dad was scary enough when caught me throwing snowballs at city buses.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Oh, not sure if I am comfortable with a Dallas-Islanders final. Tampa better win tonight.
Don't care who comes out of the west, just win Tampa!

I won't even mind if Dallas wins the whole thing, even though that would make them by far the worst team to ever win the cup. I have nothing against Dallas.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Remember when Bergevin didn’t want to pay Radulov, who then had back-to-back 72-point seasons? Dude is also money in the playoffs. 21G 22A in 56GP.

Reactions: Kallio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad