Around the NHL: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Petry is truly a terrific dman. Solid in all zones and once in a while scores a big goal.
MB could have easily gotten a first and very good prospect for him at the TDL

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Penguins due to win another lottery

giphy.gif

uAzb.gif

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Horrible for the Jets, MS (I can't for the life of me know how to spell his last name) and Laine getting injured. I'd trade a lot to get Matthew Tkachuk. Love how he was pumping his bench up, and I believe that injury was accidental.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
"It was intentional. It was a filthy, dirty kick to the back of the leg," Maurice said. "You can't see it on the program feed, but take the blue-line feed and you zoom in. He went after the back of the leg. He could have cut his Achilles. He could have ended the man's career. It's an absolutely filthy, disgusting hit."

Tkachuk said he did not intentionally kick Scheifele.

"Absolutely not," Tkachuk said. "I'm backchecking on him, and it's such an accident. I felt terrible from the result of it. I remember he was turning away. I just went in and my left skate had a little bit of the speed wobbles, and I was moving probably too fast for myself and was going down, and my leg just collided with it, looked like it jammed him up. His body was going one way, but the way I hit him his leg was going one way.

"I feel terrible. He's a top player in the NHL and someone I've come to know the last couple summers training with Gary Roberts. He's such a great guy. Just a top player in the League. It's not good for the game when somebody like that isn't in the game."

Reactions: Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
"It was intentional. It was a filthy, dirty kick to the back of the leg," Maurice said. "You can't see it on the program feed, but take the blue-line feed and you zoom in. He went after the back of the leg. He could have cut his Achilles. He could have ended the man's career. It's an absolutely filthy, disgusting hit."

"Absolutely not," Tkachuk said. "I'm backchecking on him, and it's such an accident. I felt terrible from the result of it. I remember he was turning away. I just went in and my left skate had a little bit of the speed wobbles, and I was moving probably too fast for myself and was going down, and my leg just collided with it, looked like it jammed him up. His body was going one way, but the way I hit him his leg was going one way.

"I feel terrible. He's a top player in the NHL and someone I've come to know the last couple summers training with Gary Roberts. He's such a great guy. Just a top player in the League. It's not good for the game when somebody like that isn't in the game."

I think Scheifele, Tkachuk, Maurice are all in on this conspiracy to drum up drama for the NHL. Bettman's at it again.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
For one thing, Pens are no longer in financial trouble, so them being gifted Laf is unlikely, they’d have the same odds as anyone else. For me personally, I’d rather see Laf with Sid for Sid’s final years than Laf in Montreal.

I'd rather see Laf wearing a Rangers jersey and him/Kaako/K'Eandre/Shesterkin be the new Fab Four......

but with a 1/8 chance of that happening, if he ends up in Florida/Peg/Minny/Vancouver its' all good.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This Lias Andersson pick is going to bother me for a long time watching Martin Necas abuse us for the next 8 years and now watching Nick Suzuki (whom I wanted at the time) tonight with Montreal.

Draft a god damn goalscorer with a first rounder this offseason. If the Rangers take another two way NCAA forward like Bud Holloway I'm going to lose it. Lots of suspects in the 10 to 16 range where we'll be picking if the Rangers don't win the lottery.

We can only go forward.

That said if the Rangers draft more LHDs with their first two picks my tv might end up out the window. Have some balls: Lundell/Jarvis/Gunler/Amirov cool. I expect Holloway will be a pick.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This Lias Andersson pick is going to bother me for a long time watching Martin Necas abuse us for the next 8 years and now watching Nick Suzuki (whom I wanted at the time) tonight with Montreal.

Draft a god damn goalscorer with a first rounder this offseason. If the Rangers take another two way NCAA forward like Bud Holloway I'm going to lose it. Lots of suspects in the 10 to 16 range where we'll be picking if the Rangers don't win the lottery.
I posted this yesterday in the GDT, but when you have the opportunity to draft character over actual skill, ya gotta do it :sarcasm:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

I’m not gonna lie, the fact that the two times this has happened the guys involved were Matt Cooke and Matthew Tkachuk is....well....

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I’m not gonna lie, the fact that the two times this has happened the guys involved were Matt Cooke and Matthew Tkachuk is....well....

I mean, I watched it live, and multiple times on replay, and I didn't see any sort of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad