Around the NHL: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
For one thing, Pens are no longer in financial trouble, so them being gifted Laf is unlikely, they’d have the same odds as anyone else. For me personally, I’d rather see Laf with Sid for Sid’s final years than Laf in Montreal.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
We need a puking emoji for this post.

I just hate Montreal more than I hate Pittsburgh. I’d rather take my chances with Pittsburgh having a 1:8 chance at Lafreniere than Montreal. The temptation for the league to gift Montreal #1 overall, given how bad they’ve been recently, is too high. If Montreal loses, they may be 1:8 on paper but I’d say they’re 50% in reality. If Pittsburgh loses its a 1:8 shot I’m okay with.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I just hate Montreal more than I hate Pittsburgh. I’d rather take my chances with Pittsburgh having a 1:8 chance at Lafreniere than Montreal. The temptation for the league to gift Montreal #1 overall, given how bad they’ve been recently, is too high. If Montreal loses, they may be 1:8 on paper but I’d say they’re 50% in reality. If Pittsburgh loses its a 1:8 shot I’m okay with.
Pittsburgh should never get another generational talent in my lifetime. They've had enough.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Pittsburgh should never get another generational talent in my lifetime. They've had enough.

I’m not remotely convinced Lafreniere will be generational. I think he’d be lucky to be MacKinnon or Eichel level, let alone Sid, Ovie, McDavid.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Even if you're correct, Pittsburgh is the last team that deserves a player of that caliber.

I hate Montreal as much as I hate NJ. And Lafreniere being a québécois playing for Montreal would be unbearable. I just think their fan base and culture, and most everything about them is unbearable.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’m not remotely convinced Lafreniere will be generational. I think he’d be lucky to be MacKinnon or Eichel level, let alone Sid, Ovie, McDavid.

eichel was on pace for 43 goals, 95 points this year...mackinnon was on pace for 42 goals, 111 points and most likely the hart trophy....so it will be tough but somehow i'd learn to be ok with having guys that are only that good but not generational :)

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
eichel was on pace for 43 goals, 95 points this year...mackinnon was on pace for 42 goals, 111 points and most likely the hart trophy....so it will be tough but somehow i'd learn to be ok with having guys that are only that good but not generational :)

Never said they weren’t top talents, I just said they weren’t “generational”. I also said he’d be lucky to be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->