Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
That's why I had to laugh when he was trying to act like morale compass of hockey etiquette when discussing Tkachuk.

Dude's a dirty player, no if's or but's about it. Luckily it's gonna be an in-person hearing at least.

Reactions: Leetch3

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Shout out to Gorton for sending out The Letter, because I have no idea what the Wild have been trying to do.
Unfortunately for them, they're stuck

Fenton made some brutally awful decisions in his short time as GM, but they're just locked in with too many long term deals.

The Wild need compliance buyouts that would come via a lockout in the worst way for those Suter and Parise contracts

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Living with the mistakes of 2012 from then until those contracts are up.

Yeah, so much money spent on Suter and Parise and all they have to show for it are a bunch of first or second round playoff losses. They could just never seriously compete with the upper echelon teams in the Central like Chicago and St. Louis.

And Weight to Minnesota is hilarious. Defense? What's that? Ask the Isles if they miss Doug Weight.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, so much money spent on Suter and Parise and all they have to show for it are a bunch of first or second round playoff losses. They could just never seriously compete with the upper echelon teams in the Central like Chicago and St. Louis.

And Weight to Minnesota is hilarious. Defense? What's that? Ask the Isles if they miss Doug Weight.
Wild finally trying to shed their boring reputation.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Wild finally trying to shed their boring reputation.

Boy, if I was Guerin, I would be on the phone with Dallas right now seeing if I could retain some salary and move Zuccarello back to Dallas. Perhaps if Minnesota retains $1-1.5m per season, Dallas would consider taking on the longer term considering where they are and knowing the player. That team NEEDS to move out some of their aging players just to provide some flexibility moving forward.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You like the avs feed becAuse I'm almost positive youre really an avs fan... Seems like half your posts are about how awesome they are lol. ;)

Been a Ranger fan since 1971. And yes I do happen to enjoy watching the Avs play as they are a fun exciting team to watch...kind of like ours. And I just so happen to own 4 of them including MacKinnon and Grubauer on my longtime $$ fantasy team.

So the Avs winning just so happens to be good for my wallet as well.

Curious is there an unofficial rule I have not been made aware of that you can’t be a fanboy of another team where your team(Rangers in this instant) have absolutely nothing close to a rivalry with nor any conflict of interest with either?

FYI: I’m a huge fan of Pastranek....major. Does that also make me disloyal to the team I’ve loved for almost 50 years?...hmmmm....:huh:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Jay Bouwmeester had a defibrillator implanted into his chest. His career is probably over but tbh as long as he has his health this is probably less devastating than for someone else, he's coming to the end of his career anyway and he just won the Stanley Cup, he can have zero regrets and will probably get a sweet cushy job with the Blues immediately.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Been a Ranger fan since 1971. And yes I do happen to enjoy watching the Avs play as they are a fun exciting team to watch...kind of like ours. And I just so happen to own 4 of them including MacKinnon and Grubauer on my longtime $$ fantasy team.

So the Avs winning just so happens to be good for my wallet as well.

Curious is there an unofficial rule I have not been made aware of that you can’t be a fanboy of another team where your team(Rangers in this instant) have absolutely nothing close to a rivalry with nor any conflict of interest with either?

FYI: I’m a huge fan of Pastranek....major. Does that also make me disloyal to the team I’ve loved for almost 50 years?...hmmmm....:huh:
There is a rule that a smiley face at the end of a post signifies playful ball busting.... Read the rules man.

Reactions: Maximus

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Jay Bouwmeester had a defibrillator implanted into his chest. His career is probably over but tbh as long as he has his health this is probably less devastating than for someone else, he's coming to the end of his career anyway and he just won the Stanley Cup, he can have zero regrets and will probably get a sweet cushy job with the Blues immediately.
Wow... Is that basically a pacemaker or something more serious? Either way I'm sure his career is done... Who wants to employ a guy whose got paddles permanently strapped to his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad