Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
People complaining about the Kreider injury look at this game today. I know it's one game, but that team has heart.

Well said. That's one thing for damn sure...NO ONE can doubt the heart or pride of this team of ours.

Yeah we can look like shit for 40 minutes but you just know the next 20 we will be giving the opposition fits.

I can't to be honest recall a game where we ever looked like we just quit and showed no pride or heart.

For this to be the case and for such a young team is a very good trait and it will serve them well going forward when we we are actually a good team...lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
he's being completely ignored by the hockey press

Not sure why cause in my book it has to be MacKinnon or Panarin...I'd lean towards MacKinnon myself, and it's really not even close despite the great years Draisitle, Pastranek, McDavid are having.

Panarin by himself has single handily accelerated the rebuild by a full year and has made Ryan friggen Strome a 70-75 point guy which all by itself should warrant a few extra votes for the Breadman...lol

Reactions: eco's bones

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd honestly be surprised if panarin is even a finalist. It's just the narrative around him and the team. But man he sure deserves to be a finalist.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fair or not it’s because we haven’t been in a playoff position all year. If we had been I think he’d be getting more Hart love. If we do get in it will be tough to ignore him as a finalist.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well said. That's one thing for damn sure...NO ONE can doubt the heart or pride of this team of ours.

Yeah we can look like shit for 40 minutes but you just know the next 20 we will be giving the opposition fits.

I can't to be honest recall a game where we ever looked like we just quit and showed no pride or heart.

For this to be the case and for such a young team is a very good trait and it will serve them well going forward when we we are actually a good team...lol

I think we mostly have heart too, I was talking about Columbus though. The entire team is injured and still came back against Vancouver.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I think we mostly have heart too, I was talking about Columbus though. The entire team is injured and still came back against Vancouver.
It seems like it takes our club two periods to find their legs let alone their heart for some reason . We still are missing a take charge no prisoner kind of player that sets the tempo with physical play right from the drop of the puck and Lemieux attempts that sometimes...but not always very smart at it .

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Fair or not it’s because we haven’t been in a playoff position all year. If we had been I think he’d be getting more Hart love. If we do get in it will be tough to ignore him as a finalist.
Yeah, if McDavid couldn’t get nominated because the Oilers weren’t in the playoff picture there’s no way Panarin would be

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Regardless of that come back last night that’s an outlier. Columbus has basically played the way they did most of that game the past few weeks. It’s going to be extremely difficult for them to run at even a 500 level the rest of the way. They haven’t really done it for awhile.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Regardless of that come back last night that’s an outlier. Columbus has basically played the way they did most of that game the past few weeks. It’s going to be extremely difficult for them to run at even a 500 level the rest of the way. They haven’t really done it for awhile.

Yeah if we can't beat out the Jackets we aren't passing the Canes/Islanders anyway. Actually, We should be rooting for teams like the Jackets, Jets, Predators, Coyotoes to keep pace just in case we really fall behind the final WC spot. This way we won't be picking the dreaded 15th overall but hopefully get a 11-13th spot.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
This is the only way Canadians can process any type of information.
gretzky.jpg

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

They are really, really beat up.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
he's being completely ignored by the hockey press

hes a ranger now, so will get dismissed and shat upon. It doesnt matter that he is hitting career high numbers. he would have done better on any other team in the NHL, just because.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It seems like it takes our club two periods to find their legs let alone their heart for some reason . We still are missing a take charge no prisoner kind of player that sets the tempo with physical play right from the drop of the puck and Lemieux attempts that sometimes...but not always very smart at it .

Just a few years ago that's a guy who when the team is playing like shit starts a fight. There aren't a whole lot of players like that anymore who can really play. Lemieux is the closest guy we have to that but he's been quiet for a while---might be a bit banged up. I think the Rangers need to up the physical element of their game but you really have to find guys like that who you can play regularly and will contribute in other areas.

Reactions: leetch99

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just a few years ago that's a guy who when the team is playing like shit starts a fight. There aren't a whole lot of players like that anymore who can really play. Lemieux is the closest guy we have to that but he's been quiet for a while---might be a bit banged up. I think the Rangers need to up the physical element of their game but you really have to find guys like that who you can play regularly and will contribute in other areas.

I think Lemieux was told to stay away from that stuff. He could literally skate by an opposing teams player and the refs would call a penalty on him just because he's Lemieux. I do think he took a stupid penalty yesterday trying to start stuff.

They target him just like his father. It's sad.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I think Lemieux was told to stay away from that stuff. He could literally skate by an opposing teams player and the refs would call a penalty on him just because he's Lemieux. I do think he took a stupid penalty yesterday trying to start stuff.

Yeah..he was not that smart yesterday by any means...certainly not as smart as Lindgren who got about 3-4 decent taps in at the end of the previous game....can't recall seeing that in a Flyer game in years .....enjoyed it though LOL....

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'd honestly be surprised if panarin is even a finalist. It's just the narrative around him and the team. But man he sure deserves to be a finalist.

What if Shesterkin gets us into the playoffs once healthy? Would he be bn considered for the Hart or not because he didn't play many games???

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

I’m almost certainly bias but his dad seemed a heck of a lot more dirty then Lemmy. But I was young and did have a seething discontent for him. I remember that playoff series with the big brawl at the end and the next day the back page of the newspaper was Graves punching Lemieux right in the gut. The anguish on Claude’s face will always be implanted in my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad